1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What size of socket do I need?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jw1983, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aug 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Well. After 24 hours I wasn't expecting people to still be talking about this. I don't really see the big deal, to some of you it is I guess. I'm use to working on mountains bikes and late 80's Honda's, not new trucks. I use to pay people do the littlest things because I didn't have a single clue of what I was doing. I know that I am not as mechanically inclined as the rest of you are. I've been honest about my skill level on this site, so it's not really a surprise, nor am I embarrassed about it. I just got into vehicles a couple of years ago. Not everyone has been into vehicles their whole lives like I am sure that some of you are. I just think that some of you instead of not helping and making comments that don't help at all, why bother posting anything? It doesn't help me, it doesn't help anyone else that maybe asking the same question. To some of you it was a stupid question, so?. It's inconsiderate people who leave comments that don't help, deters others(new members) from wanting to post. It's the internet, I take everything with a grain of salt. As some of you know, there are some people who get really pissed about none sense comments. I am going to post questions regardless if any of you think it's stupid, retarded and question my skill level. Everyone has an opinion, I just don't care to read it or feed into it. We are all here to help each other and if some of you care to bash someone because of a thread someone made, by all means. I may have a low skill level when it comes to vehicles, I'm not afraid to show it. I am learning, that's why we're all here, to learn. Others come here to learn. Others come here to be ignorant to others because of their lack of knowledge. Being ignorant to others just shows everyone else the lack of maturity of some. Again, it is the internet, take it with a grain of salt and move on. I thank some of you for a good laugh.

Thanks Chris 4x4 for helping me out in this and giving me some confidence with other members of this board would not. I went out and got the socket set that I needed. The dip project got done and I did a great job. Now on to the next project.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. Aug 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Take everyone's bullshit with a grain of salt. Majority of the threads get derailed by the 5th response into some crapfest.

You asked for some help and got the job done, ignore the tards lol. I stripped out my handle bolt a while back trying to take it off for my GPS mount before I realized it had a hex head lol.

3. Aug 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    jw1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Oh I've been on internet forums for a long time, so nothing surprises me. Ignorance comes out a lot more in people on the net. It's sad that some people wouldn't think to themselves "would I go up to the person's face and say this?". I highly doubt a lot of the things that is said here no one would say in person. Again, it's the internet. There is a lot of good information here, you just have to weed through all the crap to get to the gold. I just think that people who are ignorant to others, in a way makes them feel better about themselves have issues. The internet is just like High School. Some people still like to make themselves feel superior to someone else. If that's the case, so be it. Whatever makes them sleep at night. But 99% of the time most people don't give a shit. It's the 1% who fly off the handle and rant and rave and feed into that person. It's that 1% is what makes this website so exciting.

4. Aug 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    OP
    I went back and read through the posts, and this is what I see.
    2 or 3 people said 10mm. They helped.
    Then a couple of us had some fun ribbing you. I'm glad you took it so maturely. We aren't trying to chase you out, just trying to get a giggle at your expense ;-)

Anyway, I've got to pick up a flapo bando thingy if you want to tag along and stock up your tool bowl.

:-D

5. Aug 5, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    Don't sweat it OP
    Today I disassembled my Transmission Shifter Top Plate, to try to locate a leak
    When I reassembled it I put the Shifter Plate on completely backwards
    It took me about 20 minutes to figure out why the heck the shifter sat differently than I remembered it and why it refused to go into 1st, 3rd, or 5th :eek::eek:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  6. Aug 5, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    1995 Taco
    Just a few little things. It's my DD
    Everybody got to learn somewhere!!! Good luck OP and keep on trying. You will be a professional gear head if you stay on this site!!! To many things to do to our trucks!!

7. Aug 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    jw1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Oh I am not going anywhere. I realized last night when I was putting everything back together that the question that I asked seemed simple. Didn't help myself much when all I was using was the hobby tools I had, also the wrenches that I had weren't help at all. I don't take everything to heart or seriously when it comes to the internet. I know that some of you were just busting my balls, it's all in good fun. Now with the internet, I can ask all the questions I want before I do something. Knowing me, if I ain't sure, I'm gonna ask. This is why I only do cosmetic stuff because I know that if I break it I can fix it(most times). I just hope I have enough duct tape, joking! I don't own any duct tape.

I thank the people that helped, even though it was a really silly question. And I thank others for busting my balls, it gave me a good laugh.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  8. Aug 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    "I don't own any duct tape."

You gots to get duct tape, it saves lives and fixes just about everything....most important tool in the box for sure, not kidding..

9. Aug 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    ^^^This!

I even splinted an ankle that got broken at a TW meet one time with duct tape. Good stuff to have on hand.

10. Aug 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    jw1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    Haha! I remember growing up someone using duct tape to hold their front bumper on their car. The car was grey so it matched the duct tape. I laughed my ass off. I never thought that duct tape had so many uses.

I never even thought about putting it in my First Aid kit. I have the white medical tape. I am not sure if that's going to be as strong compared to duct tape. I guess off to the dollar store I go to get my duct tape lol. Now going through what I have in my tool box, I don't really need a box of wrenches. Seesh! What was I thinking?

Products Discussed in

To Top