Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 Tacoma Press Release

Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I love the diesel option and heated mirrors
Old 08-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #22
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernco View Post
Haha. Agreed. I have this in my 12!
So the '13's are the only ones that don't have it in the headunit now I guess! I should've waited!!!! Although I do love my color silver, the silver that's replacing it looks more like a light gray.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
i particularly like the SFA myself...
Old 08-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #24
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
It might have been amazing in '05 but 8 years is a long time in the auto industry. Just my opinion but I think that more resources should be allocated to the performance aspects of vehicles rather than things like entune or mytouch. To me they are just driver distractions and complicated solutions to simple non problems. Things I like to see: 4 wheel disc brakes, direct injection, factory installed SC, power adjustable seats, wheel options that include painted steel wheels so when they start to corrode they can be inexpensively refinished, available higher towing capacity. Ya Ya I know already best in class, but class lines are beginning to blurr and the only thing that Tacoma has going for it now in my opinion is a rational size, at least for me, and dependability. GM, Ford and Chrysler are making inroads in the dependability front, GM in size with the reintro of the Colorado.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #25
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
The 5.7 V8 is not a bad either.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMH View Post
"SR pkg...available in Pyrite Mica, Spruce Mica and Nautical Blue Metallic exterior colors only." You can bet that the regional sales reps will force at least the SR pkg on dealers with those colors too. In 2013, the regional sales reps in Kansas, Missouri, Okla, Kentucky refused to allocate any Spruce Green Tacomas without SR5 or TRD.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Toyota will NEVER release a Tacoma with a SFA, so don't hold your breath. 99.9% of their market would have no interest in that.

The heated mirrors, on the other hand, are much more reasonable to expect.

As would power seat adjustment, better interior lighting, leather/heated seats available as an option for all TRD models, automatic lights, auto up/down windows, CLIMATE CONTROL, etc...

Now you all can preach the whole "It's a truck, not a mini-van! Be a man!" blah blah blah... as I've stated on here many times, the 4Runners have had these options for 9 years now and it's the same platform...
Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Ok.. what's SFA?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Solid front axle
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Now you all can preach the whole "It's a truck, not a mini-van! Be a man!" blah blah blah... as I've stated on here many times, the 4Runners have had these options for 9 years now and it's the same platform...
The 4runner has also had the roll down back window for over 35 years and they just decided to put it in the Tundra. Maybe in another 35 years the taco will get it, too. I would LOVE that feature. It's the only thing I miss from my old 4runner.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
The heated mirrors, on the other hand, are much more reasonable to expect.

As would power seat adjustment, better interior lighting, leather/heated seats available as an option for all TRD models, automatic lights, auto up/down windows, CLIMATE CONTROL, etc...

I think the removal of auto up is a safety feature, and wouldn't expect it to return. I don't understand why everyone even wants it so much?

I actually know someone who had a finger broken in a GM car because of auto up. They were riding passenger, the window was down just a little bit and they had their hand out the window like grabbing the top of the door. The driver accidentally hit window up on the wrong door (passenger door). It went into auto up and pinched their fingers breaking one of them before they could get it out.

Also in my Caddillac Deville, I had auto up break a window that fell back down into the door. For some reason one day it just went crazy when I used it and slammed the window hard into the top of the door. I'm happy to not have auto up as a feature on my Tacoma.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am not surprised the X-Runner is dead I could not even believe they made them for as long as they did since finding one was hard as can be
Old 08-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heated mirrors, cargo light, power sliding rear window,
Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #34
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
The 4runner has also had the roll down back window for over 35 years and they just decided to put it in the Tundra. Maybe in another 35 years the taco will get it, too. I would LOVE that feature. It's the only thing I miss from my old 4runner.
Great point. That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrdr1220 View Post
I think the removal of auto up is a safety feature, and wouldn't expect it to return. I don't understand why everyone even wants it so much?
I've heard the same thing, but newer vehicles (my mom's 2013 Highlander for instance) continue to have the auto up feature - as does my wife's 2007 4Runner.

Garage doors have auto down, but they just cancel the operation if there's something blocking the way. There's no reason a window couldn't do that.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #35
Dirty Trucker

I really liked the power rear window that was in my rock warrior. Also the power adjustable headlights for towing.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #36
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now you talking.. that's my man. well said
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #37
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
LAME x 100

everyone will not wait for 2015 complete redesign b/c this is a LOSER
Old 08-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky73 View Post
LAME x 100

everyone will not wait for 2015 complete redesign b/c this is a LOSER
He mad .
Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
TAcoma is good but not amazing...not by a mile. Might as well wait for a 2015 b/c clearly toyota has given up on the current variant - the 2014 will sell poorly imo
Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #40
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
At least they are ditching the reg cab