1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a little more power

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RiverRatMatt, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Aug 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    RiverRatMatt

RiverRatMatt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 2.7L 4x4 Manual Transmision
    1986 Front Tow Hook Yellow Wire Mod Fan squeak fix
    I'm looking to get a little more torque out of my engine. I've been looking at some basic mods and I think I have a plan, but I wanted to get some more input from people who know more than I do :p

So as far as basic mods go, I was thinking combining an LCE Header with the URD MAF Calibrator.

Together these should cost ~$660 (assuming shipping isn't expensive) and from what I've read I should expect something around 25-30 ft/lb increase in torque, yeah?

What do you guys think? Everything I've found so far has been a tad iffy about the actual gains of the URD MAF calibrator, though most of those were cases of the URD being installed on a stock engine.

I'm not looking to turn my 2TR into a 1GR; I quite like my 2TR, I'd just like a little more power.

Truck is a 2010 Tacoma, 4wd.

2. Aug 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Here is the closest I've seen to an actual dyno test with the LCE header. Can't compare apples to apples from a pre-runner dyno to Tooters own dyno run though.

I think you are overestimating the gain, but the URD MAF calibrator could change that.

3. Aug 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    RiverRatMatt

RiverRatMatt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 2.7L 4x4 Manual Transmision
    1986 Front Tow Hook Yellow Wire Mod Fan squeak fix
    Cheers.

BTW, my truck will never have to pass emissions, so go nuts with suggestions :p

4. Aug 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM
    donnison27

donnison27 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Kitchener Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2WD Base
    Grillcraft black mesh grill, Trifecta tonnue cover, K&N intake, LCE headers, Dynomax exhaust, 17" Spyn rims, XII rear swaybar, XII x-runner coils, 1" Belltech blocks, URD MAf calibrator, URD short shifter
    Toss a CAI in with the URD maf cal and the lce headers and are stock 2.7 make noticeably more power. The URD maf cal works in conjunction with the CAI and helps lean out the system to were it should be. (it's rich right from the factory) I also cut out are second cat and put a dynomax muffler on.

Products Discussed in

To Top