Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best rock sliders for 2013 DCLB???

Old 08-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Tacomapratt is on a distinguished road

Tacomapratt's Tacoma Gallery
Best rock sliders for 2013 DCLB???

I just got money to spend on my new 2013 DCLB and I'm looking for info on the best rock sliders made and if you have pics please show them. I want the ones that really work to support the weight of the truck on rocks without giving or bending and not the ones just for show, all info is welcome and needed. Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #3

I was looking at them and really like the way they look, but I can't deside between the kickout or the kickup styles
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Long beds cant offroad....

Bamf are good though.. All pro with the fill plates are nice too. Kickouts work.. Have them on my wifes fj.. Seeing is believing.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post

Bamf are good though.. All pro with the fill plates are nice too. Kickouts work.. Have them on my wifes fj.. Seeing is believing.

excuse me????
Old 08-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post

Hoo boy here we go!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #7

So why you say long beds can't off road? Mine seems to do just fine offroad. Is close to a hole foot diff between short n long beds
Old 08-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I've taken my DCLB up black diamond runs, don't fuckin tell me they can't off-road
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Banned
Hey Tacomapratt, I'm getting a set of BAMF's welded on this saturday, I will be posting pics for sure
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I've taken my DCLB up black diamond runs, don't fuckin tell me they can't off-road

I second that. DCLB can do just about anything a short bed can, all it takes is more knowledge of how to do the trails/obstacles
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #11

I agree mine goes anywhere I need n want it to.

But I'm not here to find out why shot beds are better. I'm looking for the best rockslides n help on this would be great. If I could get info and pics if you have.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
But to answer your question, BAMF all the way. I just ordered my sliders with the kick up. Most guys have the kick out, but having the DC I wanted the kick up to protect the area from the rear door to the rear wheel.
With Jerry's you can get weld on or bolt on. All personal preference. I am getting weld on but that's just me.
As soon as I get them on (in a few weeks) I'll post pictures up here for you. But bottom line is Jerry makes one hell of a product. Haven't heard one complaint about them yet.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #13

That would be great posting pics when you get them welded on, I would like to see them. That is the kind I have been looking to get. What kind did you get kickup or kickout? N how long did it take after you ordered them to get?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomapratt View Post
I agree mine goes anywhere I need n want it to.

But I'm not here to find out why shot beds are better. I'm looking for the best rockslides n help on this would be great. If I could get info and pics if you have.
I will be able to jack the whole side of the truck up with these, they are that strong, I'm getting the DCLB's with fill plates and kickouts, the primo ones, welded on by the fabricator at BAMF, i have helped him in his shop and i can tell you these things are very stout, none of us yet have seen a set anymore than scratched on even the knarliest trails crawling. Check out the pics in this link if you don't believe me: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html
Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #15

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be great posting pics when you get them welded on, I would like to see them. That is the kind I have been looking to get. What kind did you get kickup or kickout? N how long did it take after you ordered them to get?
I got the kick up. So they will look like Bulhas's. Here is the link for his.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ive-build.html (Scroll about 2/3 down the page and you will find them.)

Also here is another link that might help you.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html

I ordered mine in May? I think? And they are just getting finished up. But he has also had 120+ products to build since then so it typically doesn't take long at all.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #16

Wonder if they could do a kickup added to the kickouts, if so what they may look like. I think that would look good and protect well.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt . Go with kickout
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #18

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wonder if they could do a kickup added to the kickouts, if so what they may look like. I think that would look good and protect well.
Yeah I asked jerry about that. He said either it wasn't possible or he wouldn't want to do it just because it would be kind of odd.If you look at the distance that the kick outs come from the truck it is a good amount. I think adding that kick up to it might make it look a little funky? But you never know. But hey ask him yourself. I don't wanna speak for him. His name on here is JLee. He's an awesome guy to work with.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #19

That's a good like cuz that is the same as my truck so it really helps me on what it would look like. Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #20

Thanks for the info, I will get in contact with and talk about it. How long does it take to make n get out to customer?