The angle rails that sit on the box rails are 3/16 plate -you could have a metal shop bend them on a brake, or I cut my angles from 4 x 4" x 3/16 square tubing, yes, it took some effort with zip discs as I didn't have access to a plasma cutter at the time. I cut the top of the rail to match the curve of the bed rail, looks and fits better that way. I had to knotch out the rear edges and plate on the inside to accommodate the rear bed corner brackets. Also note the front and rear "stops" that keep it from sliding fore/ aft on the bed rails. Then there are cut-outs and "rails" at the four corners to attach it to the factory bed rails with the factory cleats - simply back them out more, install, twist, and tighten, and the rack is secure. My rack now sits 28" tall overall from the bed rails, PM me if you want any more measurements, angles. And thinking about it more, I think it might have been about $100 for materials, not $200 like I said.