1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

raptor grill for my 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kevinsc, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sep 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Grill looks awesome. Any issues clearing the headlights? Good luck on building more and selling them, know what your getting yourself into though lol.

2. Sep 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc [OP] 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    thanks man! i didnt have any problems when it came to the headlights also im not going to try and make a ton of these as i work 6 days a week it will be hard to find a ton of time! but i will make them for people as they are interested!

3. Sep 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Well well well... :D

Truck looks damn good my man. Nice addition :thumbsup:

4. Sep 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    beeesmitty

beeesmitty Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11' SR5 DC BSP 4X4
    265/75/16 Cooper ATP, TRD FJ Trails, 5100's @ 2.75, ReadyLift 2" Blocks
    Looks good!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  5. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    thanks man and im about to drop it off at cfs in a few weeks to get lift and tires installed!:D:D

6. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    thanks man

7. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Where's this money tree and how do i obtain it's cash?

:D

what kinda lift/tires ya getting?

8. Sep 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    haha money tree!?! i wish i could find one too but i have been collecting parts here and there over the last year and putting back what ever i could towards lift and tires and now i have saved enough to do the lift and tires! im doing billy 5100s all the way around with some ome coils and wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear and LR ucas upfront and im going with 285/75 16 nitto trail grapplers since i have had these tires before and i liked them a lot!:D

9. Sep 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    damn... Im jelly. :jellydance:

I will hopefully have a lift before christmas :eek:

10. Sep 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    awesome man looks like we will have a few more lifted trucks at the meet!

11. Sep 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    yep! you going to meet in the spring or the one we're planning in November or both? :p

12. Sep 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    imma try for both but we will see

13. Sep 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    Ulysiss

Ulysiss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ulysiss
    La Puente, SGV
    Vehicle:
    2013 Long Bed, PreRunner, TRD Sport
    Ill buy one too it be awesome if I could bend the metal just like homers

14. Sep 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    tomwilson74

tomwilson74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD double cab OR
    OME 3” lift Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheels
    Could you give some details on the letters? I am in the process of installing a grillcraft insert. Yours looks very cool.

15. Sep 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    JonathanN

JonathanN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Center, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB 4x4
    Sub'd for interest

16. Sep 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :thumbsup: very nice!!!

17. Sep 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    thanks!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  18. Sep 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    i have already cut the insides out of the other one i have and once i get the sides built i will measure again and see what its looking like on the bends of the grill.. the only reason i didnt do it on the one i already built is because on the 12 and up grill the bottome part of the grill is a lot bigger than the top and i am not 100%on how good that will look.. but i will deffinatly look at that when i get to that point on this grill and see where im at..

19. Sep 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Like this http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/258093-2012-satoshi-grill-complete.html

20. Sep 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    kevinsc

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    i see what he did there but if you look at the side picture you can see how its bigger on the bottom then on the top and on the sides the actual bends on the bottom are closer to the front of the grill and the top is set back a little which his grill looks amazing i just like it set back in my opinion... but his grill does look flawless!!

Products Discussed in

To Top