Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

$99 Cabin Air Filter.....deal?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
$99 Cabin Air Filter.....deal?

The dealership actually tried to sell me a $99 cabin air filter today!!!!!! I just ordered a Toyota factory cabin air filter for $15 on Ebay and you can get an after market one for $3. They also tried to sell me the "Premium" 30,000 mile maintenance package for $1500! I just laughed at the guy. With the way the economy is I'm just lucky to make my truck payments!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
that's f'd up. I got mine at CarQuest for $20
Old 03-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
They even have it printed on a flyer they gave me. $99, but it includes installation. I felt bad because I saw them charge some old lady $99 for it on in her Camry while I was there. I almost said something, but I wasn't sure if she was internet savvy to go search for one.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get a cabin air filter. mind posting the links to ebay?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
I got it from this guy on ebay:
garrickwholesale760

Double click the flyer and you can see the price from the stealership.
Attached Thumbnails
 Cabin Air Filter.....deal?-scan0001.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the link. I'm going to order 3@ $16.85 w/ shipping
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
The last time(and this was the LAST time) I said yes,go ahead & change it,Cost was 49.99.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I hoped they lubed 1st...
yea,Full service.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I,m going to keep paying the .99 for my filter....or should I say filters!
And .99 is no typo.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
I got an aftermarket filter for $15, thinner and makes a nice whoosh sound...I mean more whoosh than the 3 inch thick cotton stock one did. Stupid Mazda.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I,m going to keep paying the .99 for my filter....or should I say filters!
And .99 is no typo.
I'm gunna keep paying nothing by cleaning it out! but when I do need one i'll pay .99!!!!
Gotta love home depot
Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
EBAY you can find OEM for $20
eassy installation.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
anestech* will become famous soon enough
anestech*'s Tacoma Gallery
Get a home furnance filter, and cut it up into 6 of them. Spend as much, or as little as you want (depending on filtration level). Even with the best filter, still won't cost you more than $4 each.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anestech* View Post
Get a home furnance filter, and cut it up into 6 of them. Spend as much, or as little as you want (depending on filtration level). Even with the best filter, still won't cost you more than $4 each.
I've been doing the above for 4 years. Cut a "U" shaped cardboard frame for it. Fits perfect and $4 each would be on the high side!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, 70K miles and I have never replaced my cabin air filter. I purchased my truck in Dec of 05'. So yeah it's been a while. Out of sight, out of mind. I saw a thread about where the cabin air filter could be found and sure enough it needed replacing asap. I went to Toyota. The guy at the parts counter said there were no aftermarket filters available. The going price was over $32. So I checked online. I found this and purchased it for less than $13 shipped! Be aware and be advised... check out the filter.
Attached Thumbnails
 Cabin Air Filter.....deal?-img_3495.jpg    Cabin Air Filter.....deal?-img_3498.jpg    Cabin Air Filter.....deal?-img_3500.jpg  
Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Alright, 70K miles and I have never replaced my cabin air filter. I purchased my truck in Dec of 05'. So yeah it's been a while. Out of sight, out of mind. I saw a thread about where the cabin air filter could be found and sure enough it needed replacing asap. I went to Toyota. The guy at the parts counter said there were no aftermarket filters available. The going price was over $32. So I checked online. I found this and purchased it for less than $13 shipped! Be aware and be advised... check out the filter.
That is one dirty filter!!

I just ordered the one you got. Cant wait to install it. haha
Old 06-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #18
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The last time(and this was the LAST time) I said yes,go ahead & change it,Cost was 49.99.

I did that last month and they charged &85! They nail ya on the labor.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I made and installed one in 5 minutes for $.23 cents