1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bazooka sub set up for 2010 DCLB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by engrooved, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Aug 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    engrooved

engrooved [OP] New Member

Member:
    MAUI
    Vehicle:
    Buggah nice
    I went to our local stereo shop to see prices on a shallow sub.. he mentioned that an even better alternative is to just take out the plastic liner and put 1 or 2 8" bazookas back there.. since there's such limited space back there.. there isnt much if any clearance behind the sub, and also the sub is facing right into the back of the seat..

but with the bazooka, since its sitting sideways it has a lot of space behind the sub, and also comes out from behind the corners of the seat so the sound wraps around the back seat rather than straight in to the back seat. he priced an 8" bazooka at $150 which is pretty cheap in my opinion compared to other custom boxes/sub setups..

had my truck for a month now but havent really been driving it cause i still needed to sell my "01 tacoma xtra cab which im finally shipping out tomorrow to the buyer for $9,350.. pretty stoked to finally get rid of it and into my new truck.. so anyways just was curious as to what anyone thinks about this setup with the bazooka..

Mahalo!

2. Aug 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Ahhh, where to start... Short answer, you are being sold something, e.g., sales person is blowing alot of BS up your skirt.

Bazookas are an ok solution, but are not known for good deep solid bass. As for the sound "wrapping" around the seat vs. a sub facing the rear seatback, that is sales BS. Bass is omni-directional, properly tuned you will not hear where it's coming from.

Subs facing the rear seatbacks is not a problem, unless it is way closer then the standard sub boxes put it. You may need to remove the plastic seat backs, depending on the sub excursion, but it's not always necessary.

There are plenty of 10" non-shallow subs that work fine. There are cheap boxes from soundoffaudio and supercrewsound. They allow 5.5-6.0" of mount depth, which is more then enough for many 10" subs. Note that there are 10" that will not fit, but many good ones do.

Do some loooking and searching here before you allow any more sales-BS to cross you.

3. Aug 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    bazookas are well known for not so great sound. There's a reason they're only $150, you get what you pay for.

4. Aug 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    I didn't even know those subs were still around.

5. Aug 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    engrooved

engrooved [OP] New Member

Member:
    MAUI
    Vehicle:
    Buggah nice
    haha.... i try not to be the sucker.. i got sold! haha thanks for the input..

Products Discussed in

To Top