1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

adding 2 Flowmaster mufflers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1YOTA6, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Aug 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 [OP] 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    11 Db cab LongBed Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    would anybody say its a bad idea to add a 2nd flow master muffler to there exhaust. i know its not a V8 but i had to get ride of the shit exhaust that was on it b4 so i bought a flow master cat back system and it sounds better but I'm still a little irritated with the raspy sound that comes out of it and want to quiet it down a bit more.

maybe i should have tried the Magna flow out haha not sure if that would make it any different tho....:rolleyes:

2. Aug 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    I think it would sound better if you just changed it out all together...IDK about adding ANOTHER muffler...

3. Aug 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 [OP] 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    ReadyLift 2.75 leveling lift, 1.5inch spider trax wheel spacers, Plasti-Dip wheels and front grill, Under carriage reverse spot lights, OTTRA Switches, wether tech floor mats, Toyo Open Country AT 285-70r17, on the waiting list for HomerTaco Grill :)
    and what do you suggest as a muffler?

4. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Two Flowmasters basically welded end to end might get some strange results.

If you keep the Flowmaster, it would probably do better to run the Flowmaster and then install a glasspack or Magnaflow after it to tone down the rasp.

PK

5. Aug 13, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I think PMK's got you covered. Running two delta flow mufflers (Flowmasters) in-line would produce even more of a flow decrease then one. Adding a resonator or a straight through muffler (magnaflow, Dynomax Super Turbo, Borla, etc.) would be a better alternative.

Have you considered selling the entire catback, go back to stock, then cut in one of the straight-throughs from above? Cheaper and same effect....

6. Aug 14, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    1YOTA6

1YOTA6 [OP] 1YOTA6

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    the issue of mine is i never had stock when i bought the truck. it was some shit stripped out muffler system in it. and the flowmaster system i bought i didnt like the design of it when i got it so i cut into the set up for it to run different.

I am thinking about running a JBA exhaust

Products Discussed in

To Top