Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fan Shroud

Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Fan Shroud

how important is the plastic fan shroud on the 05-09s?
I recently fractured mine on the trail, only a bit, but enough that i had to break part of it off because it was getting in the fan. Well now it is loose on there and just junky, I would like to just remove it, but heard it could lead to overheating. The shroud looks meaningless, but before i take it off i want to know if its a bad idea. I will replace it if so.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Replace it. The fan blade sucks air through the radiator, Without the shroud, the fan is not as effective and you could overheat.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
correct... the shroud makes sure that all the air the fan is pulling goes through the radiator first, thus cooling the radiator.. so yes it is important
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok i see. anyone know a good place to get one? i did google it, but sometimes millions of options are worse than a few good ones
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
ok i see. anyone know a good place to get one? i did google it, but sometimes millions of options are worse than a few good ones
I don't know specifically if there's one place better than another but Mike just had to replace my fan shroud and we got it from partsgeek.com. They ship out of NJ and we got the part next day.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
I don't know specifically if there's one place better than another but Mike just had to replace my fan shroud and we got it from partsgeek.com. They ship out of NJ and we got the part next day.

sweet checking that out! did he have to take off the whole front end? or did it slide in there nice?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
sweet checking that out! did he have to take off the whole front end? or did it slide in there nice?
This was on my car so I'm not sure how it'd translate to the Tacoma.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I would also go with replacing it since you offroad. If you were mostly a highway cruiser, then you could probably do without it.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
to replace it all you have to do is first remove the fan, this requires loosening the 4 bolts that hold the fan and pulley to the water pump. most likely can do this without removing the belt if your careful. then unbolt the fan shroud and slide the fan and shroud up and out.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Ahh its just a little crack.

haha yeah..maybe ill just ducttape it