Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I got stuck in the car wash yesterday!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up I got stuck in the car wash yesterday!

I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. I took my car into a local Shell gas station to get one of those touchless car washes. Anyways, I entered in my code then drove in since the light was flashing green for me to go. For those that have used those touchless car washes, you know that your front two wheels need to drive over this sensor bar thing to be locked into place. Well, my truck did not have traction to push my front end over those bars! The two rear wheels were spinning like crazy inside the car wash. The guy that was waiting right behind me had this shocked look on this face and I can read his lips saying "WTF!"

I couldn't back up because the line of cars behind me didn't give me any room. So I took my foot off the pedal, put it in H4 and was able to go over those bars with ease Remember when you were first thinking about buying your Taco and wondered whether or not a 4x4 was worth the extra money? Well, I'm so glad I spent the extra cash at that moment. haha.

My tires were brand new and were the same ones that came from factory for the TRD sport. I just couldn't imagine someone with a 4x2 version of my truck getting through there unless they had sand bags in their bed.

That's all. Kind of a pointless thread but I hope you enjoyed reading it
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, I can't imagine that backing up 1' was impossible. If so, I would get out and lay into the guy behind me for riding my ass so closely.

If you could back up 1', that would surely be enough to roll forward with enough momentum to carry you into the wheel traps.

Finally, YES...4X4 rocks and was not even a factor in my buying process. No one buys a 2wd daily driver truck in Western PA! The day after I bought my truck, it snowed/iced and I was not able to make it up the driveway. This was after showing my inlaws my new ride and they were watching me pull out. I put it in 4wd and pulled out with ease.

It would've been embarrassing to get out and begin salting their driveway so I could leave.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
my mother in law got her astro van can stuck in the car wash. She drove over the guide track
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
I used to run a car wash. Happens all the time. At mine there were two "curbs" to guide your car in. People would get one wheel up on the curb and wonder why their car was sitting so uneven.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I got stuck at a bp car wash, my back wheels didn't make it over the bar so I thought givin it some gas would get me over it but no, so I ended up spinin my back wheels trying to get over the bar, this was when I had stock tires
Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
DNahas is on a distinguished road

DNahas's Tacoma Gallery
I was ready to laugh, good to hear you got out. I almost had to get a push when this happened in my last vehicle....a G35 coupe. It managed to make the crawl, ha. I would hope a prerunner could do it.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Wash ur truck by hand
Old 03-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Todays lesson is Momentum momentum momentum

Classroom supplies needed are
1 vehicle
A flat driveway
A short piece of 2x4 wood blocking

Exercise #1
Now place the 2x4 wide edge down tightly in front of the front tire, release parking brake and put transmission in neutral, placing hands on the rear of the vehicle push and note the difficulty it takes to move the vehicle over the block of wood.

Exercise #2
Now remove the wood blocking and place it two feet in front of the same tire, return to the rear of the vehicle and once again push the vehicle, continue pushing the vehicle and if you are not some weak ass little shit you should notice that the energy required to roll over the wood blocking was significantly less and this is called Momentum.

If you managed to push your vehicle into the road and it was T-Boned by oncoming traffic, return for tomorrows lesson where we will discuss How To File An Insurance Claim
Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Wash ur truck by hand
Word.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect story for the next 4x2? or 4x4? thread. Glad you made it.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
[quote Remember when you were first thinking about buying your Taco and wondered whether or not a 4x4 was worth the extra money? Well, I'm so glad I spent the extra cash at that moment.
[/quote]

That's some funny shit!

I am going to stand up for all the 2WDers out there - I've never gotten stuck in a car wash.

Going to give you creds for posting this - I don't know if I could have.

My suggestion is to submit this to Toyota for a 4WD ad. NOT!!!!!!!!

Just having a little fun ... don't take it to heart.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I dont trust those machines after what happened to my sisters Honda.....

Make a long story short the machine malfuntioned and smashed her back window. Water got ALL inside of her car.

I like the security of washing my truck by hand........ becuase rarely anything happens
Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i go to one of those do it yourself carwashes later on in the evening. No one is there, and I can do what I want, without having to clean up hoses and such when Im done.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wash ur truck by hand
X2

those car washes at gas stations beat the living shit outta your paint.

wash and wax by hand. safest way to take care of your investment.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #17
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I wash my truck by hand. But if the wind blows dirt all over it or something I'll run it throught the carwash for a touch-up.

NEVER had any truck, car, SUV get stuck in one though.
That's some funny stuff right there.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #18

Okay the thought of backing up did cross my mind. As a matter of fact, that was the first thing I thought about. The only problem was that the people waiting behind me didn't have any patience. As I started going into the drive-thru, the guy right behind me immediately drove up to enter in his code and proceeded to move up closer to my tail gate. From the rear view mirror, it looked like I had about a foot of space. However, since I just bought my truck (and it's a long bed), I didn't want to take the risk of backing up and hitting the guy. I didn't want to get out of the truck to look because it was wet. Therefore, the momentum theory would've worked but why back up when you can easily solve the problem with the nice little 4x4 feature that you paid for?

Here's a philosophy lesson: "In life, you must always continue to move forward and avoid taking steps backwards."
Old 03-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Awesome Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Wash ur truck by hand
I totally agree. I actually went through the car wash because it came free with my full tank of gas. So I thought, what the heck, it's free.