Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

07 Gas Mileage vs 08

Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance
Zrlee is on a distinguished road

Zrlee's Tacoma Gallery
07 Gas Mileage vs 08

I started looking at Tacoma's about 2 months ago. At that time the 07 Pre-Runner manual 5-speed 2.7ltr. was showing 23city and 28hwy. When I was ready to buy one the dealership told me that the 08 was coming in 5 days. I decided to wait. When the 08 got here the gas mileage showed 20city 25hwy. From what I understand there is no difference between the 07 and 08. Anyone have any insight.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
In the 2008 model year, the EPA has revised the testing parameters for how they calculate MPG averages for new vehicles.

Basically, the "new" numbers reflect closer to what the real world fuel economy should be.

Check out http://fueleconomy.gov
Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Why do people worry about gas mileage? If you are so concern about that, get a YUGO. I don't care about that, all i need to know is my truck is in good working/driving order.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's06Taco View Post
Why do people worry about gas mileage? If you are so concern about that, get a YUGO. I don't care about that, all i need to know is my truck is in good working/driving order.
Because some people have bills to pay but don't want to drive a yugo.

Then there are the nerds like me that are just in love with numbers and are constantly figuring out the mileage for no good reason.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance
Zrlee is on a distinguished road

Zrlee's Tacoma Gallery
I like money!!! Gas mileage helps me save that. I drive 30k a year but want a nice truck. Thats why I care about my gas mileage. And I was simply making the statement that it was different, but thanks for your -2 cents.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
007 got it right. EPA estimate now uses more realistic acceleration rates. I think every car got a lower rating. The hybrids got hammered.

The truck hasn't changed at all. 2008=2007
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Zrlee: you live in Greensbroro! why arent you in the Carolina Alliance yet?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
I put anywhere from 28K-45K miles on a vehicle every year. Sometimes that means spending as much as $300 on fuel in a week. I don't enjoy throwing away money or resources. So I check to make sure that I am getting the best performance out of my truck as possible.

Also, fuel economy can tell you if something is wrong with your vehicle long before it becomes an expensive issue to fix (O2 sensors, injector issues, bad fuel, broken pump, bad compression, high oil viscosity, etc...).

I don't get more than what I need. That keeps me from being poor.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
gtimark is on a distinguished road
gtimark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post

Then there are the nerds like me that are just in love with numbers and are constantly figuring out the mileage for no good reason.
x2 on your second response!!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Amen!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post

X3!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #12
1ToughTaco is on a distinguished road

1ToughTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree, why worry with something you have no control over. Until the auto manufacturers change the engines and the way they run, I just suck it up at the pump cause I love my Taco.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #13
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Hey ! what's wrong with YUGO's they make great lawn ornaments.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
gegundez will become famous soon enough
gegundez's Tacoma Gallery
I have not seen a YUGO in 10 years!!!
The Prius was hammered from 60mpg all the way down to 45mpg (-30&#37. Still good but too uncomfortable for me at 6-2 and 240 lbs.
My 07 TACO Pre-Runner gets 17 city and 20 hwy (just came back from 1,500 mile trip with speedo locked in at 70mph).
When the oil runs out, some genius will come up with something else to empty our pockets...
Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #15
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegundez View Post
I have not seen a YUGO in 10 years!!!
The Prius was hammered from 60mpg all the way down to 45mpg (-30%). Still good but too uncomfortable for me at 6-2 and 240 lbs.
My 07 TACO Pre-Runner gets 17 city and 20 hwy (just came back from 1,500 mile trip with speedo locked in at 70mph).
When the oil runs out, some genius will come up with something else to empty our pockets...
Yeah dido for me, before I got my taco I test drove lots of vehicles, and yeah a lot of them get far better mileage, all of them had there merits. I found out that when it all boils down, you can't have it all. I needed a truck, most trucks get poor gas mileage because they are about power, pulling and the bed. I wanted good gas mileage so I looked at cars, not enough room to complete the task at hand, projects around the house, i.e . lumber, or firewood. Then comes the subject of trying to get your moneys worth. The domestics scare me, I know there are some full size trucks that are pretty good, but the smaller ones are... well, junk. My last truck I had for 14 yrs, domestic, but they don't make them like that anymore. The term SUV wasn't even a thought back then, you bought a truck or a car, and now they stamp that term on anything that's not a pickup or a sedan. So with that said, the taco was/is the best purchase, watch tire pressure, find a conservative tread pattern, keep your foot out of it, and I bet you'll find that your truck gets better mileage than any other brand, (driving habits must be equal). Drive on