1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

learn to drive, people.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MxRacer190, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    same happened to me except lady randomly merged, no turn signal no lane endin nada...i got charged for failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision, same thing happened a few months lster, that guy got charged with failure to maintain lane control...i got screwed insurance wise cause of the first one

2. Aug 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    Sorry, I can't be bothered to navigate my 2-ton missile safely; I have a text to answer.

3. Aug 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    pocket the cash.

4. Aug 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    broken taco

broken taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    Some kid did that to me. except his lane wasn't ending. he was just really high and trying to get to taco bell and went to cut across the lane I was in so he didn't miss his entrance into the parking lot. To bad I was there to block him! But i gave him the cheapest estimate I got which was a little over 1,000. But with his money I Just went to glassworks unlimited and got me some nifty Fender Flares. :D for I think around 750!

5. Aug 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    you need to spend some time on the hwys around Dallas. We have all sorts. The worst part is about a third have no insurance.

6. Aug 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Trust me, I've spent lots of time there (I was born in Dallas), I got loads of family there. I'm in Houston now and it's about the same, and about the same 1/3 don't have insurance..

7. Aug 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo

Not at all.

6 lane road split by a median. Once you come to the stop light, the road narrows back down to a 4 lane split by a median. Traffic was heavy, and there was a police with blue lights already with someone on the right side of the road. I was in the right lane (in between the left lane and the lane that ends after the red light). Cars in front of me, cars to my left, and cars behind me. It's dark, and raining. That combined with blue lights, it's really hard to see. I was just minding my business staying with the flow of traffic when I see a car come up on me real fast and slam on brakes as we went by the cop with the blue lights ( this is about 50ft before the lane ends. He only had two options because he was traveling so fast. Either hit the cop car, or hit me. He hit me, and now his insurance pays.

8. Aug 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    08TacoTrD

08TacoTrD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    5100's and 883 OME Coils TRD Exhaust Deaver 1.5" AAL Rear Differential Breather Extension, 4WD Light, Tailgate Pipe clamp, Fog lights on while High Beams on, Carrier Bearing flip
    A few weeks ago while heading south on 93 in NH, I had a guy in a older Volvo decide that the lane to his left was where he needed to be right then. I was traveling in that lane right next to him when he decided it. He didn't even turn his head before after or during his maneuver. I had to go into the thin shoulder off the fast lane and stand on my brakes in order not to hit him or the barrier. He wasn't even on the phone, both hands on the wheel and looking straight forward the whole time.

9. Aug 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRDOR
    Black Sand Pearl factory paint - flattened "au natural" by tree branches.
    I bought my 09 with a very similar dent in the same exact place, gives me some insight as to how it got there :D. I was thinking about getting it pounded out and just buffing the paint transfer to make it "good enough".

10. Aug 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    im originally from ca ... and when i lived there some people rode the right lane till it ended while most people saw the sign, put on the blinker, and whoever was in the left lane saw that they werent gonna ride it till it ended and let em in.

Now I dont know how the OP's accident happened but one thing ive noticed in colorado, is unless whatever car rides the right lane till it ends has california or texas plates, people let em in.

11. Aug 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    That's how it is at the exit I get off to get home. A mile back it says "exit only" and people still wait to the last moment to merge back onto the highway. I just think they aren't paying attention.

12. Aug 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    depechek

depechek Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC
    Totally agree! Also, people need to put down their phones and drive! Most people already suck at driving without distractions, now they disasters waiting to happen. A lady on her cell once ran me off the road on a 5 lane hwy. She was coming from the on-ramp and just had to immediately take the speeding lane. I ended up on the left shoulder of the freeway.

13. Aug 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    FYI it costs over 3.5k to FIX my bedside (not replace). But that included replacing the bumper and the rear light as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top