1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suspension issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nicktoria, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    nicktoria

nicktoria [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Iqaluit
    Hey fellas,

Question:

Bought the bilstein kit with the Eibach Springs, AAL, and the truck sits high in the rear and low in the front.

How can I correct this? There are settings on the 5100s as you all know, and they are set to the lowest setting. I recently had it taken to the shop to have the settings change. The mechanic said he tried and ended up breaking the spring machine to compress the spring. He told me to get a longer spring.

So what do I do? I would rather stay away from spacers.

Should I replace the kit? Get UCAs and OME suspension kit?

I seemed to be going through CV joints like crazy. I have gone through 4 in the last 2 Years.

Please help. And Also keep note that I live in a place that only has so many mechanic shops who to say the least are at best mediocre.

2. Aug 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    bobbybreach

bobbybreach Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bobby
    westchester NY
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD
    go to a different mechanic

3. Aug 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I feel like there is a lot of information missing here... When you were running through CV joints, were you at stock height? Were they being installed correctly? Off roading, water crossings, mudding?

As far as your current setup, what setting are the 5100's set on with the Eibachs and which AAL did you pair them with? If the shop broke their compressor, that doesn't mean you need new coils, it means their coil compressor was a POS. The Eibachs can be used with 5100's at either the 0 or .85 setting. At the 0 setting, you'll get about 1.6" of lift on a V6 4x4 Tacoma. If you want more lift, a longer spring will actually ride better vs. preloading the already stiff Eibachs, but it's not necessary. If going with a taller OME coil is an option, go for it but you should be able to get enough lift with the Eibachs to level you out with an AAL.

Products Discussed in

To Top