1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Vollies out here?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blucoma, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Aug 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    blucoma

blucoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Madison, NH
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma double cab 4x4
    Plow
    How'd you hide your lighting?

I've been a volunteer firefighter for 25 years. Most of that time was in NJ, where I lived 3 blocks from the FD, and had no want or need for warning lights.
    In June, we moved to NH, where I chose to again volunteer and help my community here also. The difference in distance however is, about 3 miles to the FD. most times, we respond to the scene, and let the members that live close to the FD get the apparatus to the scene. Very rural compared to urban NJ.
    I wanted to have some emergency lighting, but did not want to drive down the road screaming "WHACKER"!!!!!!

I've a set of Federal hide-a-way LED's that I installed in the stop/tail lamps, fairly simply. Where I'm running into issues, is how to affix two very small discreet clear lensed LED's in the grill without DRILLING my grille.
    I'm considering using that UBER strength Velcro, to attach a bracket to the plastic grille inside, and thus not f'ing up the grille.
    In my interior, I have a 911EP 12" lightbar, affixed to the windshield with suction cups.

So if you volunteer, and use emergency lighting, tell me, or show me, how you do it.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris~

2. Aug 19, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    blucoma

blucoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Madison, NH
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma double cab 4x4
    Plow