1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold the Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rotorheader, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Aug 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Agreed!

I once owned a Chevy, I hated it.

Bye Bye OP

2. Aug 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    beatupford

beatupford Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4x4
    I'd also say we are pretty spoiled with resale value, but trucks, any truck tends to hold its value.

Chevy's have never appealed to me, but my best friend loves everyone he's ever owned, and he's gotten good, not Tacoma good, but good return on his trades.

How do you feel about the column shifter on the Silverado? I tend to hate them unless it's on my dad's '49 ford.

3. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I will agree, I too don't understand why these post come up, no one should feel the need to offer any explanation why the are getting rid of their Tacoma to anyone, maybe for the sake of discussion or to prove their decision I guess.

Anyways, everyone will have different experiences with the cars they own. Each make had their different issues. My Chevy Trailblazer had horrible build quality, but no mechanic issues, same with my Ford and Jeep. I will agree that I've had better experience with owning Toyota's than the Jeep, Chevy and Ford, but I'd also be lying to you if I told you that I never had any issues with my Tacoma (squeaking fan and leaking front oil seal cover) Also, my experience with Toyota doesn't relate to Toyota's are the best for everyone.

With that, a Tacoma may work for most people on here, and yes I'm aware we are on a Tacoma forum, but that doesn't mean they work for everyone. We discussed on the Ridgeline post yesterday, if a person wanted a decked out midsize, they really only have the Ridgeline and the Frontier to look at these days, sorry but the Tacoma doesn't offer a factory sunroof or heated mirrors, and that might be a deciding factor for some people when they buy...must haves.

I digress, I would say how about instead of looking at it from the point of view about me not getting angry about the negativity of these type of posts, why cant you see it from the perspective that if you don't have anything nice to say to the OP or value to add to the post, don't post? It works both ways. :proposetoast:

And yes, Colorado Springs I a great area....it's where I'd like to call home when I retire if I can get the wife to agree.

4. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    One of the issues with the last model Chevy was the lack of interior storage space/cubby's. With the column shifter, it allows more of that in the Silverado. For me it maximizes space, but more people tend to favor the console shifter for sportiness.

5. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
  6. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I sure as hell hope so! Bitter sounding?.. hell yes.

"moving forward" is Toyota's saying, correct?

The only moving forward I see is sheet metal. Don't get me wrong, I love the Tundra and I am working on getting a used one.

If I was in the market for a brand new truck, the Tundra would be far from first. The lack "moving forward" irritates me to no end. As well with the "new" redesigned Corolla.....wow big surprise they are still using the tried and true old 1.8L. Get something NEW!

Rant over. Yes most will probably not agree with me.

7. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT

ldfjoeiwjfoewfoeur <---- Random letters because my post was too short lol

8. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    Thanks god that's over... Back to flaming the OP for trading his Tacoma for a Chevy. Isn't that why the OP posted in the first place? Why else if not for all the butthurt?
    What's worse than these "I got rid of my Tacoma for..." threads, is the people that post crap like this ^^^
    Most of what I read was a bunch of posts about personal "bad" experience with the OP's choice and why each person thought so. But thanks for the "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" post... Pops

9. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    5150 Taco

5150 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Paso Robles
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road Quicksand
    In the process of doing the Kicker Speaker Upgrade. TRD PRO grille.
    Not a lot of love for non Toyota trucks on this site. I personally agree with the haters. My dad has always been a Chevy/GMC guy. I bought a 03 Chevy Trailblazer brand new. It was in the shop every six months. Good power train but they are put together cheap. Sold it to my Dad after 3 years. While he had it the speedo broke, on a windy day he found out that the doors are glued on, not bolted. The door detached. They finally traded it for a Mazda CX9. I'll never buy another Chevy. I really like the Dodge Rams, but my next truck is either gonna be a Tacoma or Tundra. I want to have the truck for a long time.

10. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I think Rams going to be super successful with the 3.0L Diesel.

11. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Well If it makes you feel good flaming a guy who won't ever show back up and probably gives half a fuck what you think....flame away. Gotta love the Internet....it let's people say things to people online they wouldn't dare say to their face. Flame Away!!

And with that I bid this thread adieu..

12. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pretty sure the internet is all bros who pat each other on the back for all having the same thing, and when they get butthurt it's "hater."

13. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    teneighty

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    I tell people all the time that Tacoma's are the best trucks and that all others are crap... To their face. :eek:

I don't think anybody on TW gives a flying shit if the OP traded his truck. It's sarcastic banter and anyone that takes it serious enough to loose sleep over or let it bother them to the point they feel the need to scold others for the stuff that is said should stay of internets.

14. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Central, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport / Long Bed
    None
    Eh, I like my Tacoma. I don't need lane-assist or intelli-drive or whatever, you just need to learn your limits and know how to drive. Good luck on your new truck though! Just hope that the resale value for the 2014 will be enough for you to come over to the dark side when you get tired.

15. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    Sooo, if you decide to sell your Tacoma, and feel the urge to post about it,

Don't.

Just go away and join the Chevy forum. They'll love you over there, and applaud your wisdom for ditching that non-'merican pickup and buying a good ol' 'merican made real truck.

16. Aug 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    using your analogy...I was a sinner for over 30 years...and could sin again if properly tempted. :D

17. Aug 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    Failure2Comply

Failure2Comply Old HVACR Tech

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Off Road TRD/SR5
    OP, congratulations. I hope your new ride serves you well.

18. Aug 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    To everyone who thinks we are hating: this is Tacoma World and the last time I checked the op posted this thread and he mist likely was asking for it. If you went to a Chevy site and said you were trading your Chevy for a tundra it would be the same thing. If you don't want a :crapstorm: then don't go posting you traded your Tacoma in on a piece of crap

19. Aug 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Well..... 62% of it is manufactured here in America. Funny thing is, 75% of the Tundra is manufactured in the US.

20. Aug 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    teneighty

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    Exactly... Ignorance is bliss

Merica!

Products Discussed in

To Top