1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

maintenance time

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Donald Kane, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mar 4, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    Donald Kane

Donald Kane [OP] New Member

Member:
    Apache Junction AZ
    Vehicle:
    prerunner sr5
    I called the STEALERSHIP today and they want over $300 to change rear end fluid and transmission fluid. Can anyone help tell me how to do it and where to get cheeper fluid. have a 2005 Tacoma Pre runner double cab short bed V6 2 wheel drive also at 45,000 miles do I change tranny filter at this time also how much and what kind of fluid to use.

2. Mar 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=207

The rear pumpkin has two bolts. One in the bottom (drain) and one about half \way up (fill). Remove the bottom to empty and fill it through the top hole. The best way to fill it is to simply fill it untill fluid comes out of the top hole.

I am not certain what the change interval is for the tranny. This info should be in your manual.

There is always cheaper fluid but remember that you get what you pay for. The stealership price is mainly labor charges. That is why it is so much.

Products Discussed in

To Top