Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

off roading in a non OR

Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
ilovemytaco is on a distinguished road
ilovemytaco's Tacoma Gallery
off roading in a non OR

can i do any off roading in my stock prerunner...im kinda afraid of breaking something? does anyone off road in theirs?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner here.

I havent gone offroad yet, but I highly doubt that you would break something. I mean theres more parts to a OR right?

I'm not saying OR are more likely to break.

Yes you can do offroading.........just bring a winch
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Its a Toyota! By all means, go for it! .......Off road at own risk and use good judgment.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i off road in mine. Mines bone stock for now and it does surprisingly well in the mud and in the sand. Just air down the tires to about 20psi and it helps with the traction. Its a lot of fun to play around just be careful if it looks to hard for you dont do it. And if you do want to get into the hairy stuff just have someone there to pull you out. No biggy
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
ok well im guilty! i already went and it seemed like my truck was taking a beating...i think i should have done the tire thing because one of my tires deflated oon its own to 21 psi ....i would have never known but the "!" came on....speaking of my tires what happened how did it deflate?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Well what were you doing with it?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
jut some dirt off roading and some drifting(on the dirt still)....ADRENALINE IS ATS PEAK WHEN DRIFTING!!!! haha
Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemytaco View Post
speaking of my tires what happened how did it deflate?
Check your blinker fluid. Low blinker fluid can definitely cause spontaneous tire deflation.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #11

Navy:
haha probably from the drifting. You have to be careful when you air your tires down like that since you dont have bead locks if you get the pressure too low and an outside force hits it just right it will pull the bead off the rim and you will deflate the tire. So just be careful when you do that.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
im going to put some air in it tommorow and see what happens.....that for the help rmb crew
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Check your blinker fluid. Low blinker fluid can definitely cause spontaneous tire deflation.
oops missed this one...wat is blinker fluid?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
can i do any off roading in my stock prerunner...im kinda afraid of breaking something? does anyone off road in theirs?
i have a stock 07 trd off road i go like every weekend! go for it they do great especially with the locker!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #15

Navy:
np. I always carry a cheap little tire guage and check it before i hit the trail and adjust if the conditions call for it. And than if i air it down just make sure i air up as soon as im off the trail at the first gas station i see.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oops missed this one...wat is blinker fluid?
It is the same thing we did to noobs when I worked at the airport. Asked them to go inside & ask for the key to start the aircraft.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #17

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
It is the same thing we did to noobs when I worked at the airport. Asked them to go inside & ask for the key to start the aircraft.
HAHA thats a good one! I like the banana peeler myself.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #18
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
We got quite a few on that one. Then the insider would come over the radio laughing.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #19
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
or a bucket of steam haha

or get a yard of fallopean tubing
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #20
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i off road in mine. Mines bone stock for now and it does surprisingly well in the mud and in the sand. Just air down the tires to about 20psi and it helps with the traction. Its a lot of fun to play around just be careful if it looks to hard for you dont do it. And if you do want to get into the hairy stuff just have someone there to pull you out. No biggy
Jax Florida? Where do you OR at? Haven't even had a chance to romp around in this truck yet, did it all the time in my old explorer!