Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

08 poor gas milage

Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #41
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra90140 View Post
not 4x4 .. Im retarded and for some reason thought the 4 and the D were together cause im used to 4 being the highest gear for an automatic and just assumed when it said it had 5 gears they were just inclucing reverse.
Don't feel bad. The salesman had to explain that to me during the test drive. I'm not sure why the gear selector makes all those funky turns.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #42
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
yea i dont know why they make all the new cars like that. takes some getting used to. i made a huge jump from my 92 ranger to an 08 tacoma. the only thing i miss about the ranger is not caring about it. lots of off roading threw bushes and stuff. i have that thing all scratched up.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #43
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, thats what sucks about owning something new.... you actuallly care about it. I miss the good ole days when i didnt give a sh!t about how my vehicle looked.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #44
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
My trade-in had a big ole dent above the rear left tire. I used to call it my theft deterrent system.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #45
Oaklandish is on a distinguished road
Oaklandish's Tacoma Gallery
seems like

Seems like I'm getting pretty poor milieage too. But then again I'm used to a honda. Can't really comepare the 2 I guess.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #46
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
TcBOB said it best, let it break in, although mine went to 21,000 before I saw a big change in mileage.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #47
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
my gas mileage dropped by about 2 mpg. I think its because they do something with the gas for the winter thats makes you get worse mpg. i was averaging mid 18 now I am down around 15-16 all the time. My highway was only at 17. I only have 4500 miles on the truck so far. Hope it comes back up
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #48
burrito is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
burrito's Tacoma Gallery
mpg

Bought my 08 DC LB TRD Sport in October. I've filled it up 4 times since then. Worst mpg was 18.1, the best was 19.9
Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #49
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrito View Post
Bought my 08 DC LB TRD Sport in October. I've filled it up 4 times since then. Worst mpg was 18.1, the best was 19.9
Welcome burrito, winter gas does not burn as efficient, it'll come back in the spring.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #50
burrito is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
burrito's Tacoma Gallery
Never knew there was such a thing as winter gas. I'm in Southern California.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrito View Post
Never knew there was such a thing as winter gas. I'm in Southern California.
Lucky Bastard !
Old 12-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #52
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I got a v6 access 4x4 with 6000mi.
I was getting consistently 18-20. Now that winter is here and (maybe coincidently) I got the suspension TSB all done, my mileage has mysteriously dropped to 17.5-18.5 ?? What up? winter gas? maybe!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I got a v6 access 4x4 with 6000mi.
I was getting consistently 18-20. Now that winter is here and (maybe coincidently) I got the suspension TSB all done, my mileage has mysteriously dropped to 17.5-18.5 ?? What up? winter gas? maybe!
Probably, try this... go to the auto parts store and get some octane boost, gas up, hit your tripometer and see what you get.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #54
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Probably, try this... go to the auto parts store and get some octane boost, gas up, hit your tripometer and see what you get.
Thanks, I will try that for sure. Really suprised me going down, I have always read here that mileage tends to go up with breakin and mileage.
I wonder if its the same difference just filling up next time with 92?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #55
jayster is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jayster's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought my Tacoma Crew Cab Short Bed, TRD Offroad, with Auto..I am getting a dismal 14 mpg with a 50/50 highway and city! I have been watching the tach and it appears to run at 2000 rpm on the highway and pretty much the same in the city...My 2007 FJ gets about 19 to 22 with the same 4.0.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayster View Post
I just bought my Tacoma Crew Cab Short Bed, TRD Offroad, with Auto..I am getting a dismal 14 mpg with a 50/50 highway and city! I have been watching the tach and it appears to run at 2000 rpm on the highway and pretty much the same in the city...My 2007 FJ gets about 19 to 22 with the same 4.0.
2 new Toyotas, what am I doing wrong...oh yeah Im an idiot.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #57
jayster is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jayster's Tacoma Gallery
concretjedi

I'm not complaining...I just thought it was funny...My previous vehicle only got 8 mpg! I still have my eco car that I can use when I'm going long distances. My Camry 4 banger gets about 26-28 mpg. I love my Tacoma. Last tank I got 16.3 mpg 50/50 hwy/city.