1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Magnetic gray vs Silver streak Mica ???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Biznitch15, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Aug 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    Biznitch15

Biznitch15 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    José
    Los Angeles/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    None Yet
    After asking around package questions and all sorts of stuff, Now it's time for one more question. Magnetic Gray or Silver color?

I like both which makes it so hard to decide.

2. Aug 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    magnetic grey if you want it to look mean, silver streak mica if you want to hide scratches and dirt. I have a silver one and I never notice its dirty and I can't see the scratches from the previous owner unless I really look for them. I do like the Grey though. I think depends on the package. I like the silver with the plastic bumpers on the base, not so much on the body color bumpers.

3. Aug 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    Biznitch15

Biznitch15 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    José
    Los Angeles/San Diego
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    None Yet
    Good point. The gray does seem a bit better now that you mention the body color bumpers on the silver. I just think that the gray is too close to black

4. Aug 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    unRAVeled

unRAVeled Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Magneto
    3" Lift Upfront 1" AAL Backend
    I bought a used 2012 DC MGM 4 months ago. Could not pass up the deal. My signature and my avatar are both the same truck. It looks black for my sig even tho it was taken on a sunny day. My avatar from distance is clearly Gray. If I had a choice of colors, I'd go Super White, Silver then MGM. When the truck gets washed, it's sweet. When it gets dirty, its obvious.

5. Aug 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    I've owned both a SSM Taco (2009 2wd) and a MGM Taco (2012 4wd). I love things about both colors. The SSM definitely hides dirt and scratches better than the MGM. But the MGM just looks so bad ass.

6. Aug 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    rascalrider

rascalrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carroll
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Sold 09 PreRunner New to me.
    07-Rancho quicklift plus, RS9000 shocks, Wheelers AAL HD progressive kit, smittybuilt N-Fab nerf steps. 09- Bone Stock one owner... Won't be stock long!
    Silver here! Can't beat it for up keep but, that MGM is slick looking!

7. Aug 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    I had the same decision to face when looking at 2011's. The two colors I liked the most were SSM and MGM. For 2011, I went with the SSM. Its easy to maintain, doesn't show light dirt, and looked great with the silver/black theme I had on it...

One thing I hated about it...It never looked really good when it was clean. sure, it looked clean, but it hides the beauty just as well as it hides the dirt.

The MGM doesn't have that problem. The light hits it and it it looks sexy. It changes tones depending on the light hitting it, and I get WAY more complements on the MGM. It does on the other hand show dirt more...right away...but its not bad...only shows soo much because of the color...

Below are pictures of my two that I had. they are both the best pictures that I have of them basically brand new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Aug 22, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    I love the way MGM looks when it's nice and clean but it really shows dirt fast and every little nick and ding really stands out

Products Discussed in

To Top