Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TERRIBLE TURNING RADIUS AFTER 6" FABTECH INSTALL??!!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if that could cause exaggerated loss of turning radius...i thought it was an optical illusion with the front bumper
Old 08-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #42
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Wonder if that could cause exaggerated loss of turning radius...i thought it was an optical illusion with the front bumper
I noticed right off the bat.

My buddy went and had his fixed right after he fingered out my joke with him.....he said his tracked and turned better since
Old 09-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #43
ilya47 is on a distinguished road

ilya47's Tacoma Gallery
FIX FOR "TERRIBLE TURNING RADIUS AFTER 6" FABTECH INSTALL??!!"

so after all your feed back and answer about my problem i decided i'd pull the trigger and just start cutting sh*t left and right

i added some pictures of my entire process for those who decide to follow my route

i measured to show how much i cut off on mine, if you cut your stoppers, you dont have to cut off as much as i did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is after cutting the stoppers i ran into a little problem on both driver and passenger side next to the coil spring the i had to move over so that my tire did not rub when turning
Its a brake line extension after getting the 6" Fabtech Lift
Had to do the same thing on both sides (driver and passenger side)

---Thats where i moved the brake line i attached it to the arm-----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is something i found in the shed, came with a free diamond blade which i used

now i can finally turn normally like how i did before the lift.
thank you again for all and everyone's help, hope my problem ended helping somebody with the same issue
Old 09-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #44
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Glad it worked out in the end for ya!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #45

ilya47's Tacoma Gallery
also for those who have a sway bar in the front after a 6" lift, rip that f**ken shit off and toss it before its too late!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuz i went to the beach and went off-road.
30mins in i start hearing and weird thumping noise under the front end
once i decided to check it out this is what i find....

it was so much force that 2 bolts that hold the sway bar were ripped out with no thread left at all to rebolt the bolts
had to drive home with a strap holding the damn thing up so it wouldnt hit my CV joints

Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #46

ilya47's Tacoma Gallery
got me new 35" tires and 18" rims!!

what do you think??