1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C on the fritz?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DheadTaco, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Aug 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    DheadTaco

DheadTaco [OP] Pill it till you kill it!

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red Pearl
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    Guys/gals, I have a 2007 v6 Tacoma and love my truck. She has never let me down and I have never had to fix any little stupid bugs and defects the entire time I have owned it. It has 65,xxx miles on it and runs strong.

Problem:

Leave for work this morning and begin driving on the highway at about 65 mph like every other day. Get a little hot and decide to turn on the A/C. Hit the switch...press the button.....NOTHING: Hot Air. Felt like the compressor did not kick on. Get to work and try it again and it comes right on and freezes me out! What the h**l could this be? Just a glitch? Turned it off and back on: works great!

Also, in the last couple days I have noticed my passenger side floorboard stay a little wet. Searched on here and checked the windshield seals ect. Everything seems stock and good. No clue what could have caused this because I have not done anything different.

Any suggestion or comments would be great!

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
  3. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Afternoon bump

4. Aug 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    go back to the dealer, there is a TSB for this. just tell them your AC isnt working properly and your passenger floorboard is wet.

5. Aug 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    Keonib

Keonib Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keoni
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma DBL Cab 4x4
    My taco had the same issue. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the blower motor and runs like a champ now.

Products Discussed in

To Top