1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration after lift Kit!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dana, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    dana

dana [OP] T is for Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Northern Taco
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl Cab, 2012, Auto,
    Volant cold air, Magnaflow exhaust, Fuel Maverick Rims BF Ko2's Helix TBS De-badged JBA Titanium coated Shorty Headers Elka 2.5 DC Reservoir Old Man Emu Darkar Leaf Springs with Timbren Active offroad rear stops
    Hey,
    Just installed Ultimate Lift Kit at 2" and new tires, 265/70/17 with Toyo AT 2's.
    Was good driving yesterday, first day. But then going to work this morning it was vibrating a little after getting up to 80km/hr.
    I have heard lots of suggestions, just wondering if there's anyone with the same set up that had similair issues.

Thanks!

2. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    NCtaco914

NCtaco914 MALLIN'CRAWLIN'

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    There is a lot of different things that could be the cause..Many will said drive shaft angels or front diff. I personally am running a 3'' F & 2.5'' R lift and 285 70 17 and have a harsh vib around 50-55mph which is around 80km I believe. I personally feel like tire balance is a factor and most simple place to begin. I had my stock wheels and tires when I first got my lift on. Went and had it aligned then to the tire shop to have my new wheels and tires put on. It drove absolutely perfect with no vibs at all till I got the 285's put on. However, it sounds like your running a pretty easy tire to have balanced. But, I am assuming your running your stock wheels??

4. Aug 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    dana

dana [OP] T is for Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Northern Taco
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl Cab, 2012, Auto,
    Volant cold air, Magnaflow exhaust, Fuel Maverick Rims BF Ko2's Helix TBS De-badged JBA Titanium coated Shorty Headers Elka 2.5 DC Reservoir Old Man Emu Darkar Leaf Springs with Timbren Active offroad rear stops
    I got the kit put in and yes taken right over to get an alignment. I got new Fuel Maverick wheels and Toyo tires.
    Ya thats what I thought, I mean i couldn't fit bigger anyways, that wasn't what i was going for.
    Ok so take it back to tire shop first? Ask them to check balance again and or then if that doesn't help check the angle of my CV's?

5. Aug 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    dana

dana [OP] T is for Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Northern Taco
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl Cab, 2012, Auto,
    BTW, how do I get my pic to show up on my profile?, like yours/
    :)

6. Aug 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Make sure that the wheels are Hub-centric and Not Lug-centric. If the center of the wheel is loose on the wheel hub they will get off center and cause a vibration as you described.

Description of the problem here: http://www.justforwheels.com/index.jsp?cat=hubcentric&sub=how&track=GHR

Look into getting Hub Rings if you need them. You will need to know the inside diameter of the wheel hub hole and the outside diameter of the Tacoma Hub seat.

7. Aug 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    lunch box

lunch box diesel mechanic

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 trd tacoma
    diff lock grey wire mod k&n77series cold air intake 2nd gen s/c water meth injection 7th injector urd 5100s lift all the way around add a leaf new excedy clutch and rear main seal scan guage 2 wet okole covers.bazooka tube.& some minor body stuff.TRD supercharger,URD 7th injector kit
    I think it s the new tires are not ballanced correctly,because a lift wont cause vibration unless it has something to do with driveline being unballanced .

8. Aug 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    Especially if you are only getting it at 80km/h. I had the same issue. Try going 100km/h, does it get worse? Id have the shop verify the balancing.

9. Aug 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    dana

dana [OP] T is for Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Northern Taco
    Whitehorse Yukon
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl Cab, 2012, Auto,
    YUP tires it was. Actually one tire was a little warped, got a new one already. KAl tire and Toyota worked toegther and got it done in two days for me. Thanks to everyone suggestions I made them check the tires and balance thoroughly first.
    AWESOME.....update with some pics tmrw.!!!
    Northern Taco

Products Discussed in

To Top