Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got a great deal

Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
emacpgh will become famous soon enough

Name: eric
emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
Got a great deal

With the addition of my second child last month, my access cab would no longer suffice. The kid down the street for my father had a1964 Buick catch his eye and wanted to unload his 2009 double cab sport fast. I asked what he wanted for it and he said $12,000. I jumped on it. What a great deal! I'm gonna miss my red 4 banger, which was my first new vehicle, but this silver trd will certainly ease the pain.
Attached Thumbnails
Got a great deal-uploadfromtaptalk1377460628348.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Clear title right? That's a sweet deal for an 09.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacpgh View Post
With the addition of my second child last month, my access cab would no longer suffice. The kid down the street for my father had a1964 Buick catch his eye and wanted to unload his 2009 double cab sport fast. I asked what he wanted for it and he said $12,000. I jumped on it. What a great deal! I'm gonna miss my red 4 banger, which was my first new vehicle, but this silver trd will certainly ease the pain.
did you try to talk him down a little?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
That kid is either dumb or there's something wrong with that truck. That's WAY cheap for an '09.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
that is stupid cheap i see them go for twice that all day long. it has something wrong with it or the kid is dumb
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
maybe it has a half million miles on it
Old 08-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
brown33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: levi
brown33's Tacoma Gallery
I pick my 07 up for 15000 with 82000 miles and thought it was a good deal but you got a smoking deal is it a 4x4.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
You're a THIEF. Congrats.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #11

emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
to answer the questions: there is only 34,000 miles on it!!! yea i know!! it is not stolen(he bought it with the proceeds of a lawsuit from a car accident he was in, bought it outright for over 30k) there is alot of dings, which i attribute to the blinding tint that this idiot plastered the windows with. mechanically it is cherry! when i got it the tires were bald and was 4 months out of inspection. the interior was one big ashtray. the kid did not have to earn this vehicle and treated it like crap. i had to work soooo many hrs of overtime to afford my basemodel and i treated it like it was a rolls royce . he was a poser mechanic and tried to give me tips on the up keep. i am a millwright(pro turbine mechanic) so i kinda shook him off. when i got my red 2.7 i was so proud, then this kid looks it over and decided he liked it , so he went out and bought a top of the line model that would blow me out of the water. it all turned out fine in the end. i put in new brakes and rotors, new spark plugs(his were waaaaaaay out of tolerence , i got it inspected, and had the interior detailed (the interior basically being his ashtray, forced me to go to a pro). i ended up putting about $800 into it, and it runs perfect, still a hint of the cig smoke though. this truck was almost like a rescue.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #12

emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
i am looking for a set of wet okole. from what im told my sr5 covers will not fit the sport seat. and since i made a killing on it, im giving serious thought to a supercharger. my wife prob just had a chill go down her spine when i typed that. lol.
with a tear in my eye(my baby!! my first new vehicle at age 35!) i will also be selling the red 2.7 manual transmission 4x4 access cab. i treated it like gold. mobile one synthetic changed every 3000miles , even though it could have prob went 10,000. meticulously maintained throughout its 67,000 miles(all mobil one synthetic throughout the front and rear diffs, manual tran oil, transfer case, everything.). wet okoles installed day one, not a blemish on the interior. very minor scratches here and there on the exterior. brand new tires and rotors and breaks. this is just me throwing it out there what im going to be selling. havent come up with a price yet. but you will be seeing it on the buy/ sell/trade. loved that truck and if the kids didnt come around or if i could have found a safe way to put two car seats in there,i would still be driving it, my goal was 400,000 miles, i figured it was obtainable if i went overboard with the maintenance. i currently have title in hand for both the red one and the new sport.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!!! That's all I can say. Kids an impulse buyer and seller. Worked out great for you OP! What a blessing
Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit man congrats
Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
surfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Lee
surfnmoto2's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet deal!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #16
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
He literally handed you a couple thousand dollars.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
BuckeyeTacoFL is on a distinguished road

Name: Derrick
BuckeyeTacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Dang thats an awesome freaking deal! Congrats man! Feel bad from stealing from a kid? LOL
Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #18

emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
I am recanting most of my second post in this thread. I came off as an ungrateful asshole by putting the kid down who sold me the truck. Everything is fine with the truck and I should be thankful for that.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Got a great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacpgh View Post
I am recanting most of my second post in this thread. I came off as an ungrateful asshole by putting the kid down who sold me the truck. Everything is fine with the truck and I should be thankful for that.
Good move. And a sweet deal!! How much are you selling the red one for? Should be close.

And keep scrubbing. You don't want your kid sucking that crap into brand new lungs.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #20
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Major score on your part Eric, congrats!

Ya know, unloading it for 20+k is not a stupid move either.