Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AC Blows Hot When on Cold Setting and Cold When On Hot Setting

Old 09-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #21
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for the answer!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
ibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shedibuprofelin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ibuprofelin's Tacoma Gallery
:
Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
silver streak taco is on a distinguished road
silver streak taco's Tacoma Gallery
just switched mine out too and it blows hot on cold and cold on hot. any answers or did you figure it out?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #24
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
I have a working solution for this! As Jones mentioned, pre-2009 Trucks use opposite voltage from the 2009-2014(?) trucks to control the temperature. The result is a backwards dial. The solution is to switch the contacts on the control knob so that it feeds reverse voltage from the original design. This is done by cutting the original circuit board connections, and rewiring the connections to the opposite pins of the control knob. One other note, like the OP, My A/C Control wire needed to be on Pin 13 (not 16) on the A33 Connector. My truck is a 2006, so I also needed to make a connector from the A16 connector to the A33 connector.

Sorry I didn't take a picture, I was in too big of a hurry to get it back in the truck!!!

The solution to this is as follows:

1. Take apart the A/C Control panel, and isolate the circuit board.
2. On the back side of the board you will find 3 pins coming from the Potentiometer (Control Knob)
3. You will see 3 leads coming from the Control Knob. To get the correct orientation, rotate the board until the lead with the thickest "trace" is at the top (12:00) position, and the bottom lead is a "trace" that leads to a resistor. (note: on the graphic, you will not see the control knob as it is on the opposite side of the circuit board)
4. With a razor blade, cut through the top 2 leads (Do not cut the bottom lead). This will disconnect the control knob from the circuit.
5. With a razor blade, lightly scrape the "trace" of the top 2 leads to expose a small section of copper "trace". Then meter between the exposed "trace" and the lead from the corresponding control knob lead and make sure there is no connection. If you still have a connection, you need to cut deeper in step 4.
6. Add a bit of solder to each of the exposed copper "traces" and cut two small wires and tin the ends with solder. Solder one wire to to one of the Control Knob leads, and to the opposite trace at the exposed copper trace. Repeat with the other Control Knob lead, and opposite trace.
7. Meter between the Control Knob Lead and another point along the trace to make sure your solder connections are solid.
8. Reassemble the A/C Controller and enjoy proper Cold/Hot Settings