Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

why is it that all of the camper shells with the cool features look crappy?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #21
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
snugtop rebel with the bigger sliding windows. boom
Old 08-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
My shell was $2,200.
Did you have either a sliding front window or one that could be removed?

Carpeted headliner? I see you got one without a roof rack...I'd probably want that option
Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is yours a longbed?
Nope, it's a DC shortbed
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESRTRNNR View Post
take a look at the SnugTop Rebel it is a nice looking shell that comes standard with screened sliding windows

Nice. I have an indigo blue and I've been looking for a shell. I think I've made up my mind.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub86 View Post

Carpeted headliner? I see you got one without a roof rack...I'd probably want that option
my rebel has a sliding front window, sliding side windows with screens, added carpeting, and added the rails for the roof rack and it was about $2250.. the thing i like most about Snugtop that i could not find on any other shell is the rain gutter when you have the rear window open..
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Snugtop Xtra Vision and think it looks good! Has screened sliding glass and out the door was $2280
Old 08-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #27
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mine has carpeted headliner, and sliding front. I wish I would have got the reinforced roof, thats the one thing I regret not getting.

Quote:
Nope, it's a DC shortbed
Ah, if you dont have to have vented side windows, Leer also makes a shell that the windows open. But they are solid glass.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
my rebel has a sliding front window, sliding side windows with screens, added carpeting, and added the rails for the roof rack and it was about $2250.. the thing i like most about Snugtop that i could not find on any other shell is the rain gutter when you have the rear window open..

thie gutter is worth its weight in gold.. I had a cheaper snugtop before.. the cab hi model and it did not have the gutter.. everytime I opened the back door in the rain it dumped a bunch of water in the bed.. drove me nuts!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Leer 100RCC FTW

why would he want a leaky cap?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tempting...I'm guessing it would probably add another $300 or so if I got opening windoors instead of sliding windows on the sides...

Quote:
Mine has carpeted headliner, and sliding front. I wish I would have got the reinforced roof, thats the one thing I regret not getting.

Ah, if you dont have to have vented side windows, Leer also makes a shell that the windows open. But they are solid glass.
There's so many decisions to make, I'm having a hard time deciding. I think I'll try to compile a bunch of pictures of the ones I'm debating between into one document to try and narrow it down. But it's also price that factors in, too...

I would prefer vented side windoors as we have a pup and i would probably make a bed and secure harness in there for her.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #32
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshark View Post
Nice. I have an indigo blue and I've been looking for a shell. I think I've made up my mind.

Thanks!
they did a really good job of matching the nautical blue mettalic.. most people dont even realize its a truck
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Tempting...I'm guessing it would probably add another $300 or so if I got opening windoors instead of sliding windows on the sides...

There's so many decisions to make, I'm having a hard time deciding. I think I'll try to compile a bunch of pictures of the ones I'm debating between into one document to try and narrow it down. But it's also price that factors in, too...

I would prefer vented side windoors as we have a pup and i would probably make a bed and secure harness in there for her.
Thats why mine are vented right there!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #34
SUPER MOD

Quote:

make sure you get the pet screens.. best option I got.. they are plastic coated metal.. so very secure.. without them my dog ripped the screen in a matter of days.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't like how the tops of the bedrail show under the camper shell, I wonder if ARE has a version that can cover the bedrail but still has the windoors (that would be the only reason I would get an ARE vs. snugtop)

I haven't considered a soft top as I want this for security as well as for dry storage purposes during camping, etc. Also, I like the looks of a hardtop more
My ARE covers the bed rails. It has a roof rack, windoors with sliding panel in the middle that is screened, fold down and opening front window and interior is carpeted. I got it used and just had it cleaned up and repainted to go on my new truck, making it the third truck it has been on! I think the original owner paid about $2,500 for it. I will go grab a pic!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #36
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
My ARE covers the bed rails. It has a roof rack, windoors with sliding panel in the middle that is screened, fold down and opening front window and interior is carpeted. I got it used and just had it cleaned up and repainted to go on my new truck, making it the third truck it has been on! I think the original owner paid about $2,500 for it. I will go grab a pic!
Unfortunately for us short bed guys, they dont offer that one for us... I still want to see pics though!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #38
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Unfortunately for us short bed guys, they dont offer that one for us... I still want to see pics though!
I guess that is just another reason not to get a shortbed.

That is the best advice I can offer. Happy hunting!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #40
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mind me asking how much you paid for it?
$2,000 after taxes installed. It has the carpeted interior (I think they all do now ), screens, sliding window and it also folds down so I can clean the backside and the truck window.