LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

why is it that all of the camper shells with the cool features look crappy?

Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #61
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
My cap doesn't leak like yours , it's getting kinda old
Old 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #62
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
My cap doesn't leak like yours , it's getting kinda old

*oh*.. .. *sniffle*.. *runs 0ff*....
Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #63
MountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really nice

MountainDog's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on the Rebel. Snugtop Rebel with Thule roof rack gear on top. I also got them to add the keyless remote entry which is handy.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #64
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDog View Post
Good choice on the Rebel. Snugtop Rebel with Thule roof rack gear on top. I also got them to add the keyless remote entry which is handy.
Damn dude that's got pretty much exactly what I would want. Mind if I asked how much it set you back?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #65
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks sick! Nice pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDog View Post

Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #67
ltsr is on a distinguished road
ltsr's Tacoma Gallery
Count me for another snugtop rebel owner. I have a long bed 2013, I opted not to go for the XtraVision (XV) that adds another $500 on top.

I paid $1743 out the door with install and taxes. Snugtop Rebel with pro lock, rear sliding window, rear fold down window, carpeted inside and interior light.

All Snugtops come with a paint and structure warranty. All threads i've found about Snugtops have been positive. Those who had issues were taken care of promptly. The LEERs are nice but I had a friend told me his was leaking after only a year -- small issue but drove me away. Coworker had his Snugtop for 13 years without any problems. I know the issues could be isolated but this is how I made my decision on which brand to purchase.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #68
MountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really niceMountainDog is just really nice

MountainDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub86 View Post
Damn dude that's got pretty much exactly what I would want. Mind if I asked how much it set you back?
Out the door for $2250. They were having a sale.
Snugtop Rebel with:
Vented windoors
Folding front window
Roof rack tracks
Carpet
Keyless remote entry

Then i added Thule Podium roof rack with 58in bars, 2 Thule Echelon fork mount trays and a Thule Sonic XL roof box.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post

I like my leer
This was my 2nd choice, looks great, love how the lines follow the window in the back! Sweet setup! Enjoy!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #70
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post

I like my leer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012tacolover View Post
This was my 2nd choice, looks great, love how the lines follow the window in the back! Sweet setup! Enjoy!
+2. Absolutely LOVE this look. Debadge the shell and it looks OEM, like it was made to be there. This is exactly my dilemma, have something that looks like it was made to be there but lacks the function (no opening windoors), or have something that doesn't look like it's meant to be there as much, but has more function. But damn that shell looks sexy. Especially with the matched tint, black wheels on silver. Love it
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #72
RC4413 is on a distinguished road

RC4413's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
I like the red one a lot better than the silver one.

Have you considered going w/ a soft top? Out here in Cali our Winters aren't too bad, I imagine it is similar in Arizona.

Who makes that soft top you have? Looks good.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #73
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWF03 View Post
Who makes that soft top you have? Looks good.
Bestop
Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #75
zonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub86 View Post
+2. Absolutely LOVE this look. Debadge the shell and it looks OEM, like it was made to be there. This is exactly my dilemma, have something that looks like it was made to be there but lacks the function (no opening windoors), or have something that doesn't look like it's meant to be there as much, but has more function. But damn that shell looks sexy. Especially with the matched tint, black wheels on silver. Love it

Looking for a shell myself, and have to agree, the Leer lines look the best.
I'm wondering though, the opening windoors seem to be a deal breaker for you. Sliding windows aren't sufficient?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #78
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted a snugtop commercial shell with solid operable doors that open up on the side, until i saw how much they were brand new. The craigslist search will begin.

Products Discussed in this Thread