Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking to upgrade trucks, thought I had it all figured out.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDown View Post

sorry for all the pics lol. Love that mutt though

Thanks, love the pics!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I paid around $34,000 otd,for my Tacoma limited that listed for $37,500. Just wanted to give you some kind of reference. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
DrewDown will become famous soon enoughDrewDown will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
DrewDown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Thanks, love the pics!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
I paid around $34,000 otd,for my Tacoma limited that listed for $37,500. Just wanted to give you some kind of reference. Good luck!
Wow! that gives me hope. The guy I'm dealing with wants me to trade in my Tacoma to drop the sales tax but I know I could get more on the private market so it would be a wash.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #24

Firefighter:
This MR2 thing is turning into a nightmare
Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #25
10splaya22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
10splaya22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
Did you trade a car in? That can make a big difference due to the sales tax break
Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #26

Firefighter:
Well the MR2 is gone. Told a few dealers that 32 is my limit and they are coming closer but still not there. I saw some amazing deals in that other thread so it makes me think it's very possible. Best so far is $33,697 out the door. Not gonna bite yet though
Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #27
Richc2048 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronic Warfare Tech 3rd class (former)
Name: Richard
Richc2048's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 28430 on a '13 TRD off road 4x4. Msrp was 32k. I finally got them to put in a clear bra for that price too. This was July 31, 2013. I don't believe the invoice price is what they pay. I don't believe they make a couple hundred dollars a vehicle they sell. I just tell them I'm not looking for a truck. I'm looking for a deal.
That's in life looks like my exact truck I got. But I have a 6 speed.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #28
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
If I were you I would just buy it! I decided to just go for my Tacoma and I am glad I did
Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #29
Richc2048 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronic Warfare Tech 3rd class (former)
Richc2048's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
If I were you I would just buy it! I decided to just go for my Tacoma and I am glad I did
Agreed. I don't think there would be any room for negotiating on a brand new '14. They'll be selling themselves for a few months.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #30
Working at the Nauga Ranch
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for the 14s to come out, then they will be more willing to deal on the 13s "to get them off the lot" Or you could pay a lot less and buy used. Just a couple options to consider.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #31

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Wait for the 14s to come out, then they will be more willing to deal on the 13s "to get them off the lot" Or you could pay a lot less and buy used. Just a couple options to consider.
The used ones I've seen don't seem to be a whole lot less to be honest. Not enough to make it worth it IMO
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #32

Firefighter:
First quote I got on a 2014 was $31,855 or $35,043 out the door. Gonna have to come down quite a bit for me to bite. The local dealership I was going to buy a 2013 from sounds like he will pretty much honor that quote on a 2014. In which case I will hopefully have a new truck very soon. Got a few offers of 8k for my 2002 with 192k miles. Not too shabby!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Super cool dog.
Dont forget on those out the door prices that taxes are diff everywhere , and not everyont is adding their taxes to the price.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #34
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
I just paid 29653 for a 2013 trd OR double cab, with tow package. Have dealers fight with each other. And do it by email.

Try carwoo.com
Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #35
rickc5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
$500 over invoice is a fair deal. I would never pay more than that, but I have paid quite a bit less than invoice. Whether or not they will deal depends on multiple factors, but you can try a different dealership.

They have always shown me the invoice. And no, the invoice is not what they end up paying.

So 33K would be a decent deal.
Yep, $500 over "invoice" is a fair deal for everyone, provided the stealer wants to play fair. Most don't. It's a dog-eat-dog world, and if you smell like fresh meat, you're toast. If you have several dealers that are reasonably close to you, try all of them and get them bidding against each other for your business--lots of fun.

From my experiences, the invoice you are shown is simply another sales tool/gimmick to get you to close the deal. Dealers get kickbacks from the manufacturer that can be up to several thousand dollars per vehicle, meaning they make a good profit even if you pay the "invoice" price. Of course, they never tell you that. Check around the web (Edmunds?) and you might find out what the current kickbacks are. Plus, the dealers get additional kickbacks if you finance through them rather than your bank or Credit Union. There's actually lots you can do to help you get a better deal. Just need to do your homework.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
El Cid is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne
El Cid's Tacoma Gallery
If still looking, I would recommend the new Nissan Frontier. Has much higher ratings from the experts and much improved over previous models. Have a friend who looked at Tacoma, but got the Frontier and said it was much better truck at lower cost.
Current Tacoma is dated in many ways.
BTW, the dealer "invoice" is a document prepared by manufacturer to show what the dealer should have paid for the vehicle - before hold backs, incentives, etc, etc., etc. There are several websites which show vehicle prices. Tru Car Prices?, but I think it is now owned by Motor Trend. Consumer Reports is probably most accurate, but they charge for it. For last several vehicles, I have always paid less than Edmunds TMV prices. Can get discounts through some insurance companies also. They get a referral fee and then get to sell you more insurance.
Sales taxes are a major difference in OTD price quotes. For instance if vehicle is registered in S.C., sales tax is $300 max. even on a $200,000 vehicle or $2 million for that matter.
Supposedly best time to buy is late in month or quarter at end of day and week. Salesman, sales manager and dealer are all trying to meet their quotas.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #37
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
If still looking, I would recommend the new Nissan Frontier. Has much higher ratings from the experts and much improved over previous models. Have a friend who looked at Tacoma, but got the Frontier and said it was much better truck at lower cost.
Current Tacoma is dated in many ways.
BTW, the dealer "invoice" is a document prepared by manufacturer to show what the dealer should have paid for the vehicle - before hold backs, incentives, etc, etc., etc. There are several websites which show vehicle prices. Consumer Reports is probably most accurate, but they charge for it.
dumb.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #38
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that dog is cooler than a wheaton!!

i love the guy.

good luck with all the car stuff (i didnt read a stitch of it. )
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
why not a 4x4 swap....
Old 09-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #40

Firefighter:
Headed to a Phx dealership right now to pick up a 2014 Double Cab Off Road