I've had my 2002 Tacoma PreRunner for a while now and it's been an amazing truck 99 times out of 100 it does everything I need it to do. I'm not into off roading (yet) but my hobbies do take me off pavement pretty frequently. I like to camp, backpack, rock climb, dirt bike, etc.
There have been a few times where the 2 wheel drive even with the locker has left me wanting. Ice for sure isn't fun. My last backpacking trip we had to change plans because I was scared to take my truck through some of the river crossings my dads' FJ made it through with ease.
I decided it was finally time to get rid of my MR2 turbo that I never drive anymore and upgrade my daily driver.
Someone wired my half the money and is flying in tomorrow to drive off with it. I knew that would be much harder to sell than my Tacoma but in the meantime I have been picking out my future truck.
The Sport vs Off Road package made that very tough. I like the look of the Sport but want the off road goodies just in case. I finally decided to go with the Off Road package in Magnetic Grey. And now that it's coming time to buy I'm having some difficulty. I have never purchased a new vehicle and am a terrible negotiator, but I still want to get the best price I can. They dealership I went to this morning sold both trucks that fit my criteria within 15 minutes of each other. My OTD price would have been $34,500 and I was going to walk away even if they had another one. But after another dealership sent me their factory invoice upon my request I'm starting to wonder if the deal I am looking for is even possible.
I realize that is for a Sport but they didn't have any Off Roads and the dealerships are telling me they are drying up fast. Are these dealerships really paying $32k for these trucks? I thought I was willing to pay dealer invoice right now but I also assumed that it would be more in the $30k range plus TTL.
Which brings me to my new dilemma. If I can't get a really good deal on the truck I want now, am I better off waiting to see what the 2014's offer? I saw a few threads on here but nothing that has been updated since around April, so I don't even know what will be different. If the 2013's really are drying up and selling for close to MSRP I will just save some more and try again in a few months.
Sorry for such a scatterbrained first post, but sometimes it helps me to put it into words and clear my head a bit. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.