1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery Tray

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WATacoRider, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Aug 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    So I was under the hood of my truck, 2007 DC 4x4 V6. I noticed 2 things. Some black tarish looking goop has drained from the inside of my hood and out the drain holes up front. Drip down onto the side of my headlights and onto the bumper support? Not sure what that's all about.

Anyways, what I'm actually concerned about is my battery tray and placement location. It looks like my battery has leaked before or something. Around the edge of the tray, I see the paint has peeled a bit and I see bare metal. There's also this white powder residue too. I looks like the plastic tray is bending too. So I'm going to replace that and new battery. Then clean what I can and see how deep the damage goes.

Where can I buy a new battery tray?

2. Aug 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    The black tarish goop is the factory rust inhibitor that they spray inside double panels finding it's way out- nothing to worry about.
    The black plastic tray is readily available from your friendly neighborhood dealer or an online vendor. But they are all slightly warped from the weight of the battery... unless yours is stress cracked/broken, I wouldn't bother changing it. Waste of $$

3. Aug 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I see. Doesn't look cracked. Just all warped looking. I bought a battery mat, so hopefully that will help with future issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top