Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to eliminate the horn going off when locking door??

Old 09-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Hiker will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
How to eliminate the horn going off when locking door??

I just had a new battery installed and now my horn beeps when I lock my doors with my keyless fob. When I bought the truck, the dealer did something with the keyfob and shut the horn off. Now it's back on again.. Does anyone know the sequence or order of buttons I need to hit to delete this features. Thanks..
Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
DaMann is on a distinguished road
DaMann's Tacoma Gallery
I just dd it on my new truck and it worked. I got it from another thread on this forum so credit to that person, I can't find it right now.

With the driver door open ( has to remain open)

Put the key in the ignition but don't turn it, pull it right back out within 5 seconds or less.

then right away put the key back in the ignition and turn it to on but don't crank the engine. Wait till the beeping and fasten seat belt light stop blinking, then press a key on the fob once then a second time right away again. You will hear some kind of confirmation beep. Then it's done. try locking the doors and no beep. If you do it all again and press only once on the fob it will put the beep back on.

Wen I did it I believe i pressed the door lock button twice but I THINK it can be either button on the fob that you press.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
schwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shedschwangster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
schwangster's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine this morning doing exactly as above,
except it pressed the fob lock button twice.
Worked.
And it can be reversed doing exactly the same procedure.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
tacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, was just about to start going through the manual to try and do the same thing.....
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
I just dd it on my new truck and it worked. I got it from another thread on this forum so credit to that person, I can't find it right now.

Put the key in the ignition but don't turn it, pull it right back out within 5 seconds or less.

then right away put the key back in the ignition and turn it to on but don't crank the engine. Wait till the beeping and fasten seat belt light stop blinking, then press a key on the fob once then a second time right away again. You will hear some kind of confirmation beep. Then it's done. try locking the doors and no beep. If you do it all again and press only once on the fob it will put the beep back on.

Wen I did it I believe i pressed the door lock button twice but I THINK it can be either button on the fob that you press.
I tried it ten times and no luck. I get the confirmation beep, but the horn is still on. Back to the dealer...
Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
What years is this for?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from the dealer and they fixed it. I could not, cause of the secondary alarm...
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcmn7 View Post
What years is this for?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
DaMann is on a distinguished road
DaMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Just got back from the dealer and they fixed it. I could not, cause of the secondary alarm...
So your secondary alarm is the reason my steps didn't work?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
Salt is on a distinguished road

Salt's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!!

Quote:

This ^^^ worked perfectly. Thank you very much. I've been asking my local (Boulder ass-hats) dealership for this info for over a year. They are clueless. In fact, I also spent an hour on the phone with Toyota corporate and they couldn't tell me either. Thanks, the ability to run silent locking and unlocking is much apprecated. EDIT - my truck is a 2012 Doublecab OR.

Salt
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
Nate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Nate
Nate87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Do you know what they did at the dealer to stop the horn? I have a 2013 OR with factory installed alarm. It has a "beep" and a "honk" from the horn. One of each to lock and two for unlock. I did these steps but was only able to get rid of the "beep" but not the "honk". Still trying to figure out how to get rid of the honk.

Nate
Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So your secondary alarm is the reason my steps didn't work?
Yes..
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
Air Force:
Hiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate87 View Post
Do you know what they did at the dealer to stop the horn? I have a 2013 OR with factory installed alarm. It has a "beep" and a "honk" from the horn. One of each to lock and two for unlock. I did these steps but was only able to get rid of the "beep" but not the "honk". Still trying to figure out how to get rid of the honk.

Nate
My dealer has a dedicated alarm guy. He had it changed in 2 mins... Not sure what he did though...
Old 09-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
elmerew has a spectacular aura aboutelmerew has a spectacular aura about

Name: Elmer
elmerew's Tacoma Gallery
I tried this on my 2013 and no luck. Just the beep and blinking lights. So what gives?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #15
iwreckoner is on a distinguished road
iwreckoner's Tacoma Gallery
No Go on the 2013

Didn't work for me either.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #16
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
Mine worked fine. Ty OP. 2011
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #17
MickUpi is on a distinguished road

MickUpi's Tacoma Gallery
Beep works

This worked on my 2005 Xrunner. I have had it for 8 years and always wished it would beep. The beep is coming from inside the cab. Can I add an outside beeper to make it louder?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
iwreckoner is on a distinguished road
iwreckoner's Tacoma Gallery
I added this sequence. At the last instead of pushing lock button twice, I pushed lock button twice and immediately pushed open button twice. Silence!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
Beach Taco 13 is on a distinguished road

Beach Taco 13's Tacoma Gallery
So I just did this to my 2013, all I can say is thank you found the beep annoying. I had to try it a couple of times mostly due to operator error, followed the sequence and now no beep. Thanks for posting it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
Dreamcrusher8307 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: USBP
Dreamcrusher8307's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks so much for this. I couldn't STAND the beeping, especially 4 beeps just to unlock all 4 doors.