1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Grillcraft and Tuff LED light bar

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tactical Tacoma, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sep 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Well, I got my MX Grillcraft installed a couple weeks ago, and it still seemed to need something. So I started my search for a decently priced LED light bar. I knew I was gonna buy it from Amazon because I had $300 in gift cards I had won from Camel.com over the last 18 months from their online sweepstakes. I was not interested in spending $500+ on an RI light or any brand light dfor that matter. Eventually, I came across this LED light bar on amazon. I ordered it and then a BAMF Grill Light Bar. It took a little bit of modding (more like removal of un-needed components) to the lights mounting brackets, since it was made to mount to ATV's, but I got it mounted. I have nothing to compare this light to in terms of other brands, but for $155 I am SUPER SATISFIED. I got it all wired up yesterday and hit some back roads last night. Right now it still has the stupid jet fighter style toggle switch they provided, but my Scion style Illuminated Rocker switches will arrive Wed and will replace their switch. Here are some pics.

*NOTE: THESE PICS DON'T DO THIS LIGHT PROPER JUSTICE

GRILL WITHOUT LIGHT
    [​IMG]

GRILL AND LIGHT
    [​IMG]

CLOSEUP OF GRILL & LIGHT
    [​IMG]

LOW BEAMS ONLY
    [​IMG]

LOWS AND FOGS
    [​IMG]

HI BEAMS AND FOGS
    [​IMG]

HI BEAMS, FOGS AND LED LIGHT BAR
    [​IMG]

Switches installed

[​IMG]

Mounting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. Sep 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    BLOODYMARY

BLOODYMARY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Double
    AFE Exhaust, AFE Panel Filter
    I have the same Tuff LED Bar and love it. Great bang for buck. Share pics if how you mounted it behind the grill. Mine is on a light bar but may add another 20" behind my trex grill. Yhdnks

3. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    I'll post pics of how it's mounted, tomorrow.

4. Sep 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    VinnyMack

VinnyMack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Buda, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner DC LB
    Brute Force Hybrid w/ custom Longhorn cutout, Satoshi w/ Hella 500's, Wet Okole's, Kenwood DDX419 CD/DVD Player, Fog Lamp Mod, BHLM, Blacked-out badges/grill/roof/valence, 5100's up front @ 1.75, 1.25" Spidertrax, TacomaWorld Sticker, extra D-Rings and custom bed mat, interior LED lighting, and Car Seat Mod.
    Looks good Seth!

How much was the light bar after tax and shipping?

Thanks

5. Sep 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Forgot to take pics of how I mounted the light. I am out of town on business. When I get back on Thurs, I'll take pics.

$155 with free 2 day shipping because I am a Amazon Prime member.

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Bump.....just wanting some more opinions from the community. Likes, dislikes, thoughts, anyone else have this light too (besides those that have already commented).

7. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    mgratton

mgratton Yoda fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 w/Tow Package
    Looks good! And from your pictures, it's very effective.

I've seen a number of lightbars behind the grill and it raises a question for me. I'm not knowledgeable about trucks, does putting the bar behind the grill cause the truck to run hotter? I'm assuming not since many people are doingit.

mikeg

8. Sep 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    Denk

Denk Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 Spruce TRD Sport DCSB
    I like the look of the grill, and that's some good light output for the $, but seeing the unlit LED in there kinda throws me off. Not sure round lights look much better which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this mod yet. Still thinking about external light bars. Can't remember who it was, but they have a couple RI D2s behind the grill. A little more subtle of a look. Good work.

Post pics of the switch when you get it!!

9. Sep 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Nice truck man!

That light bar looks like you get a lot of bang for your buck. I'm personally not a fan of any lights behind the grill which is why I have mine on a bar but I understand the reasoning behind it. I'm just asking for mine to get stolen and your light on my bar would be no different. I just like how they look outside of the bumper.

That thing throws a lot of light down the road though. Quite impressive! :thumbsup:

10. Sep 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    VinnyMack

VinnyMack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Buda, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner DC LB
    Brute Force Hybrid w/ custom Longhorn cutout, Satoshi w/ Hella 500's, Wet Okole's, Kenwood DDX419 CD/DVD Player, Fog Lamp Mod, BHLM, Blacked-out badges/grill/roof/valence, 5100's up front @ 1.75, 1.25" Spidertrax, TacomaWorld Sticker, extra D-Rings and custom bed mat, interior LED lighting, and Car Seat Mod.
    Thanks man - I want!

11. Sep 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    I haven't noticed any problems so far, and it's 102*+ here in North TX recently.

I know what you mean about it unlit; I'm not a fan of how it looks unlit either. But it was hard to pass up for the price. Eventually I may do round HID's behind the grill and move the light bar to an Avid light bar (which I'm getting eventually) or I might mount it to a bed rack I am having built this spring.

12. Sep 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Updated original post with pics of mounting and switches

13. Sep 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    Icons

Icons Icons

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Orange County
    Stock
    Hello can you let us know or link us that mount? Thanks in advance

14. Sep 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    headhunter247

headhunter247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    5100's all around, OME 888 and Dakars. ProComp Series 05. Cooper SST Maxx 275s.
    Looks awesome.

15. Sep 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
  16. Sep 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    nice man. i was sitting here this minute thinking about whether to get going on my grillcraft install. i've got an MGM and the same BAMF led bar as you but, unfortunately, i don't have a LED because i'm waiting for one of the group buy jackoffs to be resolved. your post is motivational.

17. Sep 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    Glad I could help bro.

18. Sep 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    SWCCBEE

SWCCBEE So Cal Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner, SR5, TRD Sport
    WeatherTech floor liners, In process of Debadge, Leveling kit, Tires, Limo tint, Custom TRD SPORT Decal, "ImMrYo" Rear view lifting bar, Ultra gauge, relocated horn.
    Why two switches?

19. Sep 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    One is for rear lights I've had on for a while. I just upgraded the switch since I was ordering one for the front light too. I wanted them to match.

20. Sep 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    SWCCBEE

SWCCBEE So Cal Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner, SR5, TRD Sport
    WeatherTech floor liners, In process of Debadge, Leveling kit, Tires, Limo tint, Custom TRD SPORT Decal, "ImMrYo" Rear view lifting bar, Ultra gauge, relocated horn.
    Ahh ok. Sorry, confused me for a sec... :facepalm:

Products Discussed in

To Top