Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I be worried?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
jaeforceone is on a distinguished road

Name: Jae
jaeforceone's Tacoma Gallery
Should I be worried?

Signed the papers this Friday (9/6/13) and put down a deposit for a 2013 DCLB 4x4 TRD sport with tow. I would really like the color black. After reading the 2014 thread I'm starting to wonder if my dealer can really get the color black. There are models showing up on the southeast website but are not available till the 12th with my configurations. If anyone knows how this usually works or how the southeast toyota website helps customers or dealers.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #2

test bump
Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Not really sure what you're asking, but if you ordered a black truck, make sure they get you a black truck. They can always trade another dealer if need be.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Yea...not sure what the question is...if you ordered a black truck you will get a black truck...
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I think he wants a 14 rather than the 13 he put a deposit on . It could take some searching to get a 14 how you want it .
Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
If he put a deposit on a 2014... he should get one. In the color that he wants.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
Your dealer will get one eventually once they arrive in numbers. Bigger question will it have all the features and options you want?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
I just had a problem with the same thing. I ordered a mag gray DCLB Sport on Saturday. It showed up today as a DCSB Sport. I refused to take delivery even after they offered the difference in price as a credit for accessories. They will get the correct truck you put a deposit down or they have to refund your money.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
I just had a problem with the same thing. I ordered a mag gray DCLB Sport on Saturday. It showed up today as a DCSB Sport. I refused to take delivery even after they offered the difference in price as a credit for accessories. They will get the correct truck you put a deposit down or they have to refund your money.
DCSB DCLB
That's a pretty big difference. I would've refused, too.

Reminds me of a friend that had one of the first FR-S cars pre-ordered. He waited for months and it finally arrived with all of the options he wanted, plus one more. It had an automatic transmission. I wish I'd been there to watch him blow up.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
I need new tires :/
Poe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoe101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
Poe101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I wish I'd been there to watch him blow up.
x2

I can only imagine the rage that ensued haha
Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #12
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
DCSB DCLB
That's a pretty big difference. I would've refused, too.

Reminds me of a friend that had one of the first FR-S cars pre-ordered. He waited for months and it finally arrived with all of the options he wanted, plus one more. It had an automatic transmission. I wish I'd been there to watch him blow up.

I don't think I would have been mad I just would have taken the car and enjoyed it. Plus he could have gotten like wheels and tires and maybe even an exhaust system
Old 09-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #13
ndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndsgr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I don't think I would have been mad I just would have taken the car and enjoyed it. Plus he could have gotten like wheels and tires and maybe even an exhaust system
And every time he put it in D, a small piece of him would die.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #14
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah op, did you "order" a 2013? I wouldn't think that would even be possible. If it was for a truck on the lot and you haven't actually taken delivery of it, you should be able to back out and get a 2014 if that's what you want.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #15
ndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedndsgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndsgr's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, I "ordered" a 2013 DCSB in MGM. It was due to be built last month and hasn't arrived at any dealers yet. My dealer is doing a trade for it. I won't be doing any paperwork until next week or the week after.

If you signed paperwork, I can only imagine that there is an actual truck. Is there a VIN on any of the documents? I have a build sheet with VIN.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #16

I signed agreements without a VIN.
they say they are going to find a black truck.
They say they will get the vehicle within 3-7 business days.
Signed papers last friday (9/6/13).
I'd like to get a 2013.

just wondering if anyone knows how the southeast toyota website works. According to the website there will be one available 9/12/13. I am hoping my dealer takes it when it becomes available unless it is already slotted for another dealer? OR Will they just look for inventory with other dealers in the area?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #17
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
You simply don't understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
And every time he put it in D, a small piece of him would die.
You do.

I went through a long wait for a car after I paid a deposit and still had it fall apart. Hang in there and get what you want. Other than the model year changeover, it shouldn't be that hard for a dealer to find the right truck for you.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
bito is on a distinguished road
bito's Tacoma Gallery
With SE Toyota you don't order from the factory per se, you just get dibs on any that turn up in the deal allocation although its the whole six state region or whatever. I had a truck "on order" for three months before I realized none in that config would ever show up and bought a similar one off a lot somewhere. But if you see what you want in the inventory list then you should be able to get it after they ship it over.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
You spend your hard earned money on a vehicle, it should be right!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeforceone View Post
I signed agreements without a VIN.
they say they are going to find a black truck.
They say they will get the vehicle within 3-7 business days.
Signed papers last friday (9/6/13).
I'd like to get a 2013.

just wondering if anyone knows how the southeast toyota website works. According to the website there will be one available 9/12/13. I am hoping my dealer takes it when it becomes available unless it is already slotted for another dealer? OR Will they just look for inventory with other dealers in the area?

It is a little shady they would sell you a 13 and have you put down a deposit without locating the exact truck and VIN first. Why would it take 3 - 7 business days? Toyota has a computer system for locating trucks and it shouldn't take more than a half hour to locate one anywhere in the country. I wouldn't have signed anything before they located it and had a VIN and location of the truck.

I hope there not playing games only to come back and say you'll need to accept something slightly different if you want a 13. Just don't accept anything less than the exact color/configuration you want. If they end up not being able to get it in a 13 configured exactly the way you want it, then you'll need to wait for a 14 or compromise on something if you can't wait.

When I ordered my 13 last year in 2012; I ordered a VIN number that wasn't built yet and destined for Spruce Mica. Said Spruce on the spec sheet, but they pulled the order before it hit the line and changed that same VIN to Nautical Blue for me. However, other dealers trying to find me a 12 in the color/configuration I wanted knew it wasn't available in a 12 anywhere in the country within less than 30 mins on their computer.