Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WTB: Tacoma DC 4x4 Supercharged

Old 09-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
AFKC is on a distinguished road
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Tacoma DC 4x4 Supercharged

Please let me know if anyone is thinking about selling. The newer the better, and would also preferlow miles. The double cab and 4x4 is amust. Would love a manual, but wouldalso entertain an automatic. Not toconcerned about the options. I knowthere are several non-supercharged ones for sale on here that look great, but Iwould just like to try and find one that already has the supercharger installedif possible. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
I am selling mine. You can view it here.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...acoma-4x4.html

Here are all the pictures; I need to upload new ones because I took care of any light rust on the chassis a couple of weekends ago by sanding and using a converter.
http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/IT...?sort=2&page=1

Here is the proof I don't beat the piss out of it on a daily basis.
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mandkcasey/Tacoma

Lastly, skip to 2:20 to see what it can do when you get on it. I only had it to the track once and made one pass. I just had to know what it did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHHr...layer_embedded
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! May be in touch soon. Going to try and hold out for a little bit to see if a 6sp pops up, but may be in touch soon. I just started looking again, and am not in a huge hurry.

It looks like ones have sold for $30K - $33k so that is what I am willing to spend for the right one. Obviously the lower the better

I would have bought this one if it was still for sale. It is exactly what I am looking for. (see link)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rged-sale.html
Old 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
dbs1 will become famous soon enoughdbs1 will become famous soon enough
dbs1's Tacoma Gallery
So MLI...what did your truck run??? Could not tell from the video. Mods?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
So MLI...what did your truck run??? Could not tell from the video. Mods?
It ran a 14.3 @ 93mph with the TRD supercharger and an AFE Stage II SI intake. It was a cool day in October last year.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
JDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt View Post
It ran a 14.3 @ 93mph with the TRD supercharger and an AFE Stage II SI intake. It was a cool day in October last year.
I used to take my '68 Dodge Coronet with 383 BB to the local track on the test-n-tune night to have some fun. I sold it for the down payment on my '09 TRD OR S/C with only 18,500 miles... and one of the first things I thought of was taking it to the track to see what it would do. My wife laid on a load of stink eye over that.

May have to check the schedule and see if when the season ends and sneak over there. Not sure how much of a drop the S/C will have due to the altitude, etc. - IIRC it should be less than a N/A engine.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Stealth Custom Seriesô
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt View Post
That's actually pretty impressive. I was expecting high 14s at best.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
dbs1 will become famous soon enoughdbs1 will become famous soon enough
dbs1's Tacoma Gallery
That is darn good. I'm thinking mid 14's for mine in cooler weather and if any traction possibly low 14's in the winter. Not to shabby for these little trucks.

Not quite the high 9's my bbc 67 camaro ran, but it also ran high 9's at the gas pump. Ugh!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
zzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zzchipster's Tacoma Gallery
i totaled a 2008 trd sport 4x4 lwb 4.ol auto last nov 1. it had lots of parts i am slowly putting back on a 2013 trd sport lwb 4x4 4.0l entune, tinted windows, towing package with 8600 miles. parts on the new one so far are: full set budbuilt skids, brake controller, weatherguard box, headach rack, seat covers, floor pans,window guards,bed mat. i have a shockworks plate bumper still in the crate, warn 9.5 xp winch, wireless control, running lights for bumper, and a trd supercharger. presently have 10 ply bfgatko's 2657017 with 30k miles(off old truck) and the original set of bridgestones with 1500 miles on them.several airfilters including kln and trd. will probably think of some more stuff after i send u this. also trd exhaust. i have decided i need a full size truck. the supercharger has 25k miles and was uninstalled by dealership.they have agreed to reinstall as soon as i am ready... ...truck is in texas....truck is loaded and near perfect condition. daily driver...never been offroad yet....
Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
Might have found oneÖ

What do you think. Idonít know what mods it has aside from the supercharger, and it looks like alift/wheels tires. I will find outbefore I make my final offer. Iím not ahuge fan of the wheels, but that is an easy fix. It is a 2012 DC 4x4 6spd with 20k miles. Around $30k
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Tacoma DC 4x4 Supercharged-tacoma.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKC View Post
Might have found oneÖ

What do you think. Idonít know what mods it has aside from the supercharger, and it looks like alift/wheels tires. I will find outbefore I make my final offer. Iím not ahuge fan of the wheels, but that is an easy fix. It is a 2012 DC 4x4 6spd with 20k miles. Around $30k
Not too bad considering the things I highlighted. Depends on what route he went with the lift and overall condition but it's still under the manufacturer's bumper to bumper warranty and I've seen this year/cab/miles sell for more than that w/o being supercharged so I'd say all good things. Find out who installed the s/c and if it's at a Toyota dealership if it's all CPO'd because if you can get that.. do.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for your feedback!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKC View Post
Might have found oneÖ

That's a great price. I see non-supercharged ones go for more. I hope everything is legit.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure it has a clean history.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
flying to pick it up Saturday. will let you know how it goes
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
Update Ė Purchased it. I drove it back to KC from Denver and it ran great. I took off the running boards/Bestop/bug shield. Still canít decide if I am going to leave the roof rack on. I am not a fan of the wheels so I will most likely be replacing those. It has an airade intake on it, and I am thinking of going back to stock. It also has OME suspension. The 6spd is nice, but I do prefer the transmission in my 01 supercharged better. I probably just need to get used to it. I will take some better pics, but here is one shot. Now I need to sell my 01.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Tacoma DC 4x4 Supercharged-2012.jpg  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
sweet rig man!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice buy.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
AFKC's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!