11-13mpg 45 3.87%
14-16mpg 268 23.02%
17-19mpg 554 47.59%
20-22mpg 221 18.99%
22+ 71 6.10%
Voters: 1164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal...
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
As title says check what your truck is getting for fuel.. along with size of engine and what kind of driving you do mainly and also what you get for towing... approx weight...

I have 07 4.0 tacoma and i get 16mpg, usually speed limit, mainly highway, and towing a 1900lb boat i get like 11mpg

I noticed its practically the same as the tundra

You've definitely got something going on there. Are you running oversize tires or something? Leaving the E-brake on? The suicide doors on an Access Cab open at 60?

I've got a 2010 4.0 4x4 Access Cab w/a slushbox, and I was averaging 22-23 with the original 245's, and since moving to 265 Duratracs I've still been getting 20-21 in mixed driving (50% back roads, 25% highway and 25% in town), and that's including the 11 stop lights I go through each way commuting to work.

What mods have you done to your truck that might be affecting your mileage? I've heard that the intake box power boost mod thingy gives you a power boost, but sucks your mileage way down. Same thing for some of the aftermarket exhaust systems. And of course any weight you add contributes to the problem, as well as any external add-ons and doodads that increase drag.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
i get around 16 in my v6 manual, but i tend to drive like im qualifying and i have 265/75/16s which i know doesnt help. the one time i tried to baby it for a tank i only got around 17mpg. not worth the lack of gas for me.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Check my signature. 33+ summer, 27+ winter.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #24
perchie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
perchie15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
You've definitely got something going on there. Are you running oversize tires or something? Leaving the E-brake on? The suicide doors on an Access Cab open at 60?

I've got a 2010 4.0 4x4 Access Cab w/a slushbox, and I was averaging 22-23 with the original 245's, and since moving to 265 Duratracs I've still been getting 20-21 in mixed driving (50% back roads, 25% highway and 25% in town), and that's including the 11 stop lights I go through each way commuting to work.

What mods have you done to your truck that might be affecting your mileage? I've heard that the intake box power boost mod thingy gives you a power boost, but sucks your mileage way down. Same thing for some of the aftermarket exhaust systems. And of course any weight you add contributes to the problem, as well as any external add-ons and doodads that increase drag.

only mods would be muffler, and 265/75/r17 tires, or 265/70/r17 i cant member one of them anyways but not that much of a difference from factory ones! No weight at all! Nope suicide doors always closed and no ebrake lol gee crazy question! but never know some.. and even with my ebrake barely down my light comes on so def no...
Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #25
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Surprisingly I get 16-18 with a V6, 4" of lift, and 33s. Mainly city, rest is interstate. 18 is rare, 17 is once in a while, 16 is when I run my tank to 1/4 or less. I would say my average is 16.7-17.3.

EDIT: Also an auto. My last truck was a 2006 V6, but a standard. I only got 14 max. No towing, bone stock except BFG ATs. Don't know why it was so low. I honestly think it was because of the 6 speed. Why I switched to an auto. Like I said, lifted, 33s, and still minimum 2 mpg better than my last truck.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
Frogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogging is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: DEREK
Frogging's Tacoma Gallery
v6 4.0 DCLB auto completely stock

20.5 around town not towing or any load(would like to see the 21 mark once)

15.3 when i pull my lawn equipment in a 7x13 enclosed( thing is an air dam on the highway) so i would prob do a bit better if i didnt travel 60 mph 60 miles a day with it
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Why do people not use fuelly stats You can get the fuel economy for over 2,000 V6 tacomas in one quick view...

http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/tacoma/gas%20v6
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
4.0l v6 town driving I average 14-15mpg running 3" lift & 33's. If towing I get around 12mpg.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I got 15.3 mpg on my last tank

Which also so happens to be 15.3L/100km
Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #30
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal...
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by perchie15 View Post
only mods would be muffler, and 265/75/r17 tires, or 265/70/r17 i cant member one of them anyways but not that much of a difference from factory ones! No weight at all! Nope suicide doors always closed and no ebrake lol gee crazy question! but never know some.. and even with my ebrake barely down my light comes on so def no...

The suicide doors question comes from a trip to Home Depot a couple years back; I saw a guy load the bed of his truck (probably a 2007 or so, Access Cab) with lumber, and then stuff a few kitchen cabinets into the rear seat area. But the cabinets were too big to fit properly, and rather than just set one in the bed on top of the lumber, strap it down, and shut the doors, this genius opted to run a bungee from door to door to hold them closed. Made me wish I had a smart phone, because the driver's rear door was stretched to the stop from wind resistance just leaving the parking lot; I can't imagine what they did once he got onto the road....

And the ebrake question comes from years of driving older trucks in the rust belt; the pivots on the rear drums rust and freeze, and then the e-brake doesn't release. The light might not be on, because the pedal springs all the way back up (thereby contacting the switch and shutting off the light), but the brakes are still dragging.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #31
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
16 to 17mpg, all highway miles, 6" lift, 34.5" tires
Old 09-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #32
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stock and get 18-19 all day every day. I generally drive 80mph highway and have tried premium for 3 months straight, no change in mpg's so I'm going back to 87. I get about 320 miles before the light comes on.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #33
air5mjp is on a distinguished road
air5mjp's Tacoma Gallery
2011 DCSB 4.0 Prerunner. I've been averaging 21 to and from work in moderate traffic. Alot better than the 2008 dodge 1500 I traded in. That guzzler averaged 14 or worse.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #34
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
'08 TRD, v6 w/ off road package, all stock except Destination A/Ts. According to fuelly, avg between 21 and 22, with my best being 22.9...
Old 09-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #35
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Danny
kiteboarder's Tacoma Gallery
2013 TRD Off Road 4x4 V6 6-Speed - Stock so far.

14MPG average, driving like my grandma. 80% city, 20% highway. I would expect 16 or 17 out of that, but it's VERY hilly here.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/khaos/tacoma

Lately about 13-14MPG, nothing but city stop and go traffic with hills, and then driving dirt roads in the forest.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #37
JDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Just added the Fuelly sig link for my '09 V6 SC auto on stock OR tires. I'm only 3 tanks into ownership, and have made 6-8 trips up into the mountains on the highway with it. Otherwise, around town drive for the most part.

I like to get into the SC a bit too, so I'm not a light foot. I try to stay within 6-8mph of the speed limit to avoid tickets.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #38
MR2/Tacoma
cyberbyte is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
cyberbyte's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting 20 avg.. 24 max.. 18 in 4WD in the winter... pulling my boat I would guess around 18 since I never checked it, but never really saw a big drop. running 89 since it is the same as 87 here. New Toyo A/T II tires helped recently though 35psi.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel Milage for your 2nd Gen Taco..-cam00160.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
Toys4Us is on a distinguished road
Toys4Us's Tacoma Gallery
2013 DCLB with 265x70x17 and stock Sport wheels. I have been laying off the quick acceleration and trying to cruise in the slow lane. 18.3mpg last fill up.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #40
Mackoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mack
Mackoma's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Access cab 2.7 4x4 with auto tranny. All Stock except a weathergaurd toolbox that is always holding 250-300lbs of tools. I keep the dunlops at 36 psi and pull 23.5 to 24.2 mpg consistently on 89 octane. Now mind you, most of you would probably hate following me while getting up to speed (she never really sees more than 3k rpm lol) but I usually cruise 5-10 miles over the limit once i get there. I know its not as fun but Leave early, pinch pennies at the pump.