Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealership is lost and wants me to buy fairy dust intake

Old 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
After scouring the interwebs about fancy spark plugs, why would iridiums make a difference? A colder iridium? Maybe. Same heat-range iridium? Makes no sense (to me).

Hell if anyone can explain that, I'm all ears.

I'm not one to waste money on fancy gimmicky spark plugs. I never bought split fires, E3's, triple platinum nitrogen coated etc...

These plugs are used in the new dual vvt-i 4.0's found in the 4runners and FJ cruisers.

I had these laying around when it was time to change the plugs in my truck because I was going to put them in our FJ. I checked around to make sure they would work, which they do, then I installed them.

Ever since then, I haven't had a single ping.

I have had several supercharged and nitrous fed vehicles and have had my share of pinging issues. As others have stated, pinging is usually caused by timing or octane issues.

It just so happens that these plugs cured my pinging. For $50 and an hour of your time, I highly recommend it.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^^^ Lol. You 2 are having a cross thread discussion about the same topic. Hahahah
that is funny... i was feeling like a broken record. just trying to help everyone with this stupid pinging issue

keep calm and ping on
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
that is funny... i was feeling like a broken record. just trying to help everyone with this stupid pinging issue

keep calm and ping on
I'm gonna bite. Which brand and p/n for the iridiums? Denso or NGKs F-it. I'll buy a set and toss them in.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
I'm gonna bite. Which brand and p/n for the iridiums? Denso or NGKs F-it. I'll buy a set and toss them in.

I believe I used the NGK's.

part # LFR6AIX-11
Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
lightower is on a distinguished road
lightower's Tacoma Gallery
The front right rattle was finally solved after my 3rd visit. It was the retaining pins that hold the pads in place. They were worn down in the area where they go through the break pads/anti squeal shims. They replaced the pads, pins, and shims - 36 000 km, premature failure but I do carry allot of tools.

The other noise the mechanic calls the Toyota ping and he says there is nothing that can be done and is normal ?

Let me know how those NGK's work out.

Cheers.