Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bye Bye X-Runner... Hello TRD

Old 09-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
LanceF4i is on a distinguished road
Name: Lance
LanceF4i's Tacoma Gallery
Bye Bye X-Runner... Hello TRD

Well... I just did it! I traded in my 2006 X-runner (99919km) for a 2013 Access cab trd off road =) Im just waiting to hear back from the dealer to see when I go pick it up. Im sad to see the X go.. but my Fiance and I will benefit from a TRD off road a little more. Where we go camping isnt quite X-runner terrain haha.

Just not sure what color im getting... MGM or BRM.. just depends on what they can get in =)
Old 09-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
DaMann is on a distinguished road
DaMann's Tacoma Gallery
Nice one. The 4x4 will be handy for sure. No offense to any pre runners and xrunners but I never understood a 2 wheel drive truck. Well ok I do, but where I live ( and where you are) It's 4x4 country!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Pfft, you are in Vancouver. Do you engage 4x4 for rain?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
DaMann is on a distinguished road
DaMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
LOL Touche!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha! They need the 4x4 for the "never" chance of it snowing. And if it does, there is so much snow(cough) they need the 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceF4i View Post
Well... I just did it! I traded in my 2006 X-runner (99919km) for a 2013 Access cab trd off road =) Im just waiting to hear back from the dealer to see when I go pick it up. Im sad to see the X go.. but my Fiance and I will benefit from a TRD off road a little more. Where we go camping isnt quite X-runner terrain haha.

Just not sure what color im getting... MGM or BRM.. just depends on what they can get in =)
You could go off road in a Xrunner. As long that it's not a gravel road with potholes, deep snow, mud, ice etc. Everything else the Xrunner could do. I got a MGM. I am not sure what BRM is?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
haha I have family in Van... they define cold as what... 4 degrees Celsius!?

We Do go camping out in Koocanusa and I have taken the xrunner down some areas that I can tell are NOT xrunner friendly! Thought I broke my rear suspension at one point.

As Much fun as the Xrunner is.. Havin the stick and being able to drift around corners... I decided to go practical. And 4x4 in this city (also being in a trade) it will be quite beneficial lol

MGM - Magnetic grey metallic
BRM - Barcelona red metallic

lol
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha I have family in Van... they define cold as what... 4 degrees Celsius!?

We Do go camping out in Koocanusa and I have taken the xrunner down some areas that I can tell are NOT xrunner friendly! Thought I broke my rear suspension at one point.

As Much fun as the Xrunner is.. Havin the stick and being able to drift around corners... I decided to go practical. And 4x4 in this city (also being in a trade) it will be quite beneficial lol

MGM - Magnetic grey metallic
BRM - Barcelona red metallic

lol
Come on! You know as well as I do when it snows there, if it stays the whole city shuts down. I know it's happened in Victoria, city buses couldn't get up the hills. I'm from the Southern Interior and I would laugh every winter when Vancouver, Victoria got snow. We'd have a foot of snow and that don't hit the news. It only seems colder there because of the Ocean and the wind coming off the water. People in Vancouver doesn't know what winter is until they spend a winter on the Prairies.

Maybe you can drift in the Sport if you turn all the aids off and wait until the ice and snow come. If friends and I can offroad in an 80's Jetta in the mountains of the Shuswap, you can do it in an XRunner. We were teenagers and retarded.

Once you go to the Sport, you'll never go to a lowered truck or a car again. I know like myself and others won't either.

I was trying so hard to figure out what BRM meant. Then I just gave up. Thanks for clearing that up. You'd figure that I would have known that since that I owned a 11' Barcelona Tacoma.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
Haha oh there is no denying it that they Do shut down at the sight of snow lol

Im pretty sure if i can drift the company work van... i shouldnt have a problem in the new truck ahah. but then again.. Why beat on my truck when i have someone else's vehicle to beat the hell out of =P

Thats just a joke btw lol
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha oh there is no denying it that they Do shut down at the sight of snow lol

Im pretty sure if i can drift the company work van... i shouldnt have a problem in the new truck ahah. but then again.. Why beat on my truck when i have someone else's vehicle to beat the hell out of =P

Thats just a joke btw lol
I'm not your boss. You can drive however you want. Your truck is a truck, not a Prius, prissy.