LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Protocol for installation of Supercharger

Old 09-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Protocol for installation of Supercharger

Does anyone know the exact protocol for the technicians to follow after the installation of a supercharger?

Is it to go 136kph and redline in all gears?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I don't remember seeing anything like that in the install guide....

Get it on a dyno and then drive it like normal...
I had mine installed at the dealership and that's what they did to my truck so I was just wondering what I should do about it. If anything.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
spithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant futurespithead051 has a brilliant future

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
I took it easy for about 100 miles after the install to make sure everything was happy before driving the nuts on it.

Honestly, unless I told the dealership they could, I would never allow them to rev the engine over 2.5k.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
johnwolf is on a distinguished road
johnwolf's Tacoma Gallery
Best call would be to road trip to Tampa and then install it in mine as kind of a permenant test drive. I will "tune it" so you won't have to
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
That's plain disrespectful to do to another's vehicle without permission and not the professionalism you expect from a dealer. I'd go in and bitch, at least to maybe prevent that sort of behavior in the future. If there's any recommended break-in on the SC I'd demand they note what happened in case you have a failure. How'd you find out they were racing your truck?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
I had mine installed at the dealership and that's what they did to my truck so I was just wondering what I should do about it. If anything.
I'd be speaking to the service manager AND the dealership general manager in person, as well as informing Corporate about it to document the incident in the event of any problems in the future.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #8

Night's Tacoma Gallery
I got the speed recording from my scan guage as well as the RPM, I know for a fact they ripped my truck 2 days in a row, and I couldn't speak with a service manager at the time of pickup as I picked my truck up from the dealership after 5:30.

I will be taking further action when they are open tomorrow as I'm not pleased with what they did at all. I will keep you guys posted!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #10

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently it is apart of normal testing procedures and I was told that if the guy got a ticket he would pay for it. I was also told the supercharger is on there to make power so that's what you have to use it for.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
[/B]
Quote:
Apparently it is apart of normal testing procedures and I was told that if the guy got a ticket he would pay for it. I was also told the supercharger is on there to make power so that's what you have to use it for.
Make power yes, beat the engine in excess... no. Pure joy ride fun at the owner's expense.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They lied. /Thread

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...Ntw8M9VzLi0RdQ
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
For reference that is 84 MPH.. Seems like a lot?
Don't think they should be redlining it..
Demand a copy of the policy or whatever says they should do that.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Did they do anything that you don't plan to do?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Did they do anything that you don't plan to do?
He paid for it. He can set it on fire if he likes, dealership technicians shouldn't be joy riding his truck.

I'd be pissed, not sure what can actually be done about it though.

David
Old 09-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
He paid for it. He can set it on fire if he likes, dealership technicians shouldn't be joy riding his truck.

I'd be pissed, not sure what can actually be done about it though.

David
I guess my question is if the engine is broken in, did it constitute abuse? If I can fix my drive line vibrations, I am seriously considering a SC. I will certainly ask about the testing procedures.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
I guess my question is if the engine is broken in, did it constitute abuse? If I can fix my drive line vibrations, I am seriously considering a SC. I will certainly ask about the testing procedures.
Abuse? No, not to my way of thinking. The truck should hold up to a little hard driving with no problems.

Misuse? Absolutely! How would u feel if your brought your truck in for new leaf springs and the tech's working on your truck took it to pick up a load of mulch for their house (you know, to test it out)?

Brought it in for a transmission service and the techs use it to tow their boat to the coast for a fishing trip (to test it out)?

Get a new set of shocks installed and the techs take it off-road for a trail run to make sure the shocks work?

Yes the truck is made for those things, but the technicians working on it had no business using his truck for a personal joy ride just because they installed a supercharger. As I said before, there's probably nothing that can be done about it but I would still be pissed and probably gripe to Toyota corporate about it.

David
Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
Abuse? No, not to my way of thinking. The truck should hold up to a little hard driving with no problems.

Misuse? Absolutely! How would u feel if your brought your truck in for new leaf springs and the tech's working on your truck took it to pick up a load of mulch for their house (you know, to test it out)?

Brought it in for a transmission service and the techs use it to tow their boat to the coast for a fishing trip (to test it out)?

Get a new set of shocks installed and the techs take it off-road for a trail run to make sure the shocks work?

Yes the truck is made for those things, but the technicians working on it had no business using his truck for a personal joy ride just because they installed a supercharger. As I said before, there's probably nothing that can be done about it but I would still be pissed and probably gripe to Toyota corporate about it.

David

This
Old 09-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified internet mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
in the past after a transmission overhaul I use to get fairly aggressive with customers transmissions but it was my name on the overhaul and wanted to make sure if the unit was going to fail , it was gonna pack up when I drove it rather than giving the vehicle back to the customer only to have him or her back at the doorstep within a few months .Some vehicles were very modified . I would never red line the engine mind you . Maybe this is the explanation the tech would use in self defense
Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I'd be speaking to the service manager AND the dealership general manager in person, as well as informing Corporate about it to document the incident in the event of any problems in the future.
This^ Stop them from doing this to the next person. Unprofessional to say the least if not criminal depending on your speed limits. Prove it.