1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cot for longbed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blm, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Sep 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    blm

blm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I use my 2013 access cab long bed for sleeping on a semi regular basis. I have a foldable cot that is just about 6 ft long so it fits lengthwise and is suitable as far as comfort goes. Only issue is most of these foldable type cots have a center support and the center support is in line with the wheel well.
    If the center support for the cot was moded somehow or there was no center support this would allow the cot to be shifted all the way up against the bed side therefore allowing the remaining portion of the bed not occupied by the cot to be larger. Would make getting dressed or anything else easier. Have seen a thread or two for a bed system made out of 2 x 4 lumber. not really looking for that type of setup. Would really like to overcome the center support issue and continue using the folding cot.
    Anybody have any reasonable solutions or know of a 72 inch cot that doesn't have the center support. Have seen other cots without the center support but they were a minimum of 78 inches which wont fit lengthwise.

2. Sep 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    blm

blm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Went through some recent threads. Saw one that was made out of 1 & 1/2 PVC pipe. That might be worth exploring.

Products Discussed in

To Top