1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear differential carrier assy replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Beezerftn, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sep 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    Beezerftn

Beezerftn [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD sport 4x4
    A/T tires, front leveling kit, after market front grill & headlights (blacked out), soft tonneau, bull bar with PIAA fog lamps
    I have a 07 Tacoma TRD 4x4, and the dealership has told me I need the rear differential carrier replaced. They then proceeded to tell me it would be $2300-$2500 to replace. The tech said that it is relatively easy to fix...about 3 hours of work, but the part is the main cost (over $2k). Anyone out there ever replace the carrier assembly? Any tips or suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Sep 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    x2 what did you do to get it damaged or broken in the first place

3. Sep 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    X3. See if you can diy with a salvage part.

Products Discussed in

To Top