Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DC SB owners with dogs

View Poll Results: How do you transport your dogs???
Front Seat 131 13.48%
Back Seat 519 53.40%
Bed with Cap 105 10.80%
Bed without Cap 125 12.86%
Bed with Crate or Kennel 92 9.47%
Voters: 972. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #282
this ain't no picnic
tacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomeontherange's Tacoma Gallery
from a user on a subaru forum:
Just to give you some scary numbers

50 pound dog
25 mph collision
0.1 second deceleration time

equals dog flying forward at over 2,000 pounds of force.

When I was an IEMT, I had the displeasure of rolling out on a MVA that involved an unrestrained dog in the back of a SUV. It was not pretty and the family did not survive the impact of the dog. They probably would have survived the accident with a combination of seatbelts and airbags.

Don't use a dog harness just for the sake of your dog (which you should) but for the sake of you and your family.

The reality is that even if your dog is wearing a safety harness, it may not survive a forward collision (a slack webbing is bad news), but you want to also prevent your dog from becoming a projectile.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...rrier-q-99723/
Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #283
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Anything could be a lethal projectile in your vehicle at any impact. Laptops, screwdrivers, shovels, fire-extinguishers, axes, maglights,etc. Just sayin.... But thanks for the link. Not being an ass, but thats the risk you take driving period. Drunk drivers, bad drivers, there is a whole list of things that could go wrong when driving. Shit happens, but agreed that there are ways to secure things and make it safer.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #284
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomeontherange View Post
from a user on a subaru forum:
Just to give you some scary numbers

50 pound dog
25 mph collision
0.1 second deceleration time

equals dog flying forward at over 2,000 pounds of force.

When I was an IEMT, I had the displeasure of rolling out on a MVA that involved an unrestrained dog in the back of a SUV. It was not pretty and the family did not survive the impact of the dog. They probably would have survived the accident with a combination of seatbelts and airbags.

Don't use a dog harness just for the sake of your dog (which you should) but for the sake of you and your family.

The reality is that even if your dog is wearing a safety harness, it may not survive a forward collision (a slack webbing is bad news), but you want to also prevent your dog from becoming a projectile.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...rrier-q-99723/
Could of done without that post. Most people know anytime you get in a car there is a possiblility to get in a wreck which in turn could hurt our furry friends. Most peoples dogs go where their owners go the end. Posting that in a thread thats meant to be happy in my opinion is uncalled for. Just my .02 cents.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #285
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Could of done without that post. Most people know anytime you get in a car there is a possiblility to get in a wreck which in turn could hurt our furry friends. Most peoples dogs go where their owners go the end. Posting that in a thread thats meant to be happy in my opinion is uncalled for. Just my .02 cents.
^X2
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #286
this ain't no picnic
tacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomeontherange's Tacoma Gallery
gosh, I thought this thread was about how you do or don't secure your dogs for travel. my bad.

187 people responded with an answer that their dog rides in the bed (with or without a cap).
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #287
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomeontherange View Post
gosh, I thought this thread was about how you do or don't secure your dogs for travel. my bad.

187 people responded with an answer that their dog rides in the bed (with or without a cap).
Maybe it was a little "strong" but hopefully it will open someone's eyes and they will change how they transport their pet.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #288
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
I like how all the guys on this forum turn into balls of goo when they see the pups haha, Im the same way though. Truly mans best friend.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #289
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5 dogs. All ride in the cab with me. Next time they are all linked in I'll take a pic.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #290
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i keep stinky in the back seat, he likes it there he stays a good temp and with his protection i can leave the truck runnin if i run in a store for a second or two
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #291
g8rzguy78 is on a distinguished road

Name: J.C.
g8rzguy78's Tacoma Gallery
My JRT Puppy doesnt take up much room, he rides in the passenger seat. His grandfather (passed away last year) would ride in the front also, the wife sat in the back!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #292
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
In Bed, w/o a cap for now although I'm actively looking for a cap. My Beagle is 37 pounds and I made a custom webbing system so that he can go to the sides to stick his head over the bed and can stick his head in the back window, but he's always secured to the vertical d-rings closest to the cab.

He rode in the backseat once and I found out what you guys were talking about with "soft" plastic. His nails made quick work of it! lol
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #293
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
My chocolate lab, Cooper, rides in the back seat. I got a harness for him that I need to start using.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #294
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #295
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
My pup rides in the bed around town and in the cab if I need to use the freeway.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #296
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I have a white german shepherd whom I prefer NOT to transport in the truck. It's like a goddamn cotton candy machine in there everytime she goes somewhere with me. Ugh...
Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #297
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
I have five dachshunds they all ride in the cab,its a constant battle for the drivers seat.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #298
Skeeter Skeetin is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: AET/Flight Mechanic
Name: Greg
Skeeter Skeetin's Tacoma Gallery
In the back seat sprawled out and getting my Wet Okole's covered in her hair.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #299
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
In their new Bed camper shell
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-dsc_2076.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #300
Tacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud of
Navy: 2nd class electronic tech.
Name: Bob
Tacologist's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread