Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DC SB owners with dogs

View Poll Results: How do you transport your dogs???
Front Seat 131 13.49%
Back Seat 518 53.35%
Bed with Cap 105 10.81%
Bed without Cap 125 12.87%
Bed with Crate or Kennel 92 9.47%
Voters: 971. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #321
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Brian
brian0128's Tacoma Gallery
DC SB owners with dogs

I recently got a Great Dane/Lab mix. He rides in the back with a dog seatbelt. A forum member (Truckytruck) is helping me out in a big way by sending me a platform he built for his dog. Mine for some reason will put his front paws up on the seat but won't hop up so he also sent me a ramp. Big thanks to a great forum member!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #322
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
I got the platform in the mail today from "Truckytruck". I tried my dog seat cover out and door panel protectors. Cover and door panels are made be Kurgo.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #323
Tao Zero is on a distinguished road
Tao Zero's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! Even if you don't have a dog that's a great platform for extra cargo that you don't want in the bed.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #324
wolverine768 is on a distinguished road

wolverine768's Tacoma Gallery
I pull down the 60 part of the 60/40 split and put a pad or a memory foam mat I got at Costco on top. If Rex isn't in cab because the kids are, he rides in back hanging out of the softopper. I keep front window off, I put on his harness and leash him to a tie down point for safety.
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-blackberry-51313-107.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #325
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Brian, looks good man! How did the corners hold up in shipping? Did the cardboard stay on? That thing is heavy, huh! Ha
Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #326
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Dog rides in the front
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-image.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #327
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacom08 View Post
Dog rides in the front
ha, "let me out of this cage... or your ankles will suffer the consequences!"

cute dog
Old 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #328
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
ha, "let me out of this cage... or your ankles will suffer the consequences!"

cute dog
"mom" said the door is open and pup goes in there on her own
Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #329
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41

Blaze when I woke him up

How do I flip pictures
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-image.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #330
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
My two German Shorthaired Pointers (60lbs each) ride in the bed (with a Softopper), usually secured with a safety harness to the front rail. I love my dogs but, I try not to keep anything unsecured in the cab with me and everything in the bed tied down...including the boys.

- Mark
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #331
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
Brian, looks good man! How did the corners hold up in shipping? Did the cardboard stay on? That thing is heavy, huh! Ha
Everything held up great in shipping! It's heavy but I like that because it doesn't rattle at all when I hit bumps. The carpet gives him really good traction for regular rides but if he is going to get wet or muddy I put on the dog hammock over the platform so he doesn't get it dirty.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #332
billinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billinwoodland's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy and I were hunting last year in a remote area of N Nevada. I had my Nissan super cab, he had is brand new Tacoma access cab. I have a shorthair, he has vizslas. He left one of his dogs in the cab as we were out hunting for about an hour. Came back to find the wiring under the steering wheel ripped to shreds. Not sure how the vizsla got ahold of it, but it looked like tangled fishing line. Truck would not start. He now kennels his dogs in the back of the truck bed. And for me, in my old Nissan, shorthair road in the cab with front seat reclined back and a nice dog bed on top. Canine buds in my new Tacoma (on order) will be in kennels inside shell.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #333
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery

He rides in the back seat. I need to make him a platform.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #334
Skeeter Skeetin is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: AET/Flight Mechanic
Name: Greg
Skeeter Skeetin's Tacoma Gallery
I got a camper shell for them. I got tired of cleaning my interior after taking them to the beach. On long drives the white one will sleep in a dog hammock in the back seat (the grey one is my roommates)
Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #335
colbyrainey is a jewel in the roughcolbyrainey is a jewel in the roughcolbyrainey is a jewel in the rough

Name: Colby
colbyrainey's Tacoma Gallery
I let my fur baby ride here when it's nice:

When it's cold, hot, or a long road trip, I put him in the backseat with a cheap hammock from eBay like this one.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #336
Flowin is on a distinguished road
Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
My Golden girl is 11month the Chesapeake 4.5 years. I used the seat protector we had left over from our sedan, also keeps all the groceries from falling down.
We usually transport them in the trunk of my wifes Outback.
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-sm.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #337
TugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to beholdTugBoatTrash is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bob
TugBoatTrash's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I have my dog (50 pound walker coonhound) on the drivers side with a dog seatbelt. My 6 year old boy in the middle in a booster seat. My 3 year old daughter on the pass side in a car seat. And, a waterproof seat over under all three!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #338
billinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billinwoodland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowin View Post
My Golden girl is 11month the Chesapeake 4.5 years. I used the seat protector we had left over from our sedan, also keeps all the groceries from falling down.
We usually transport them in the trunk of my wifes Outback.
Thats an awesome photo.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #339
rainmakr is on a distinguished road

rainmakr's Tacoma Gallery
My chocolate lab (Penny) rides in the back seat. I have a seat cover by kurgo that seems to work pretty well. I also hooked a short lesh to the d-ring behind the seat to keep her on one side away from my son.
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-photo-2.jpg   DC SB owners with dogs-photo-3.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread