LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DC SB owners with dogs

View Poll Results: How do you transport your dogs???
Front Seat 131 13.55%
Back Seat 516 53.36%
Bed with Cap 104 10.75%
Bed without Cap 124 12.82%
Bed with Crate or Kennel 92 9.51%
Voters: 967. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #21
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
shadow is always my copilot

Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #22
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of the crate that I haul my dog's in. Not a very good picture but you should get the idea. I use a ratchet strap to secure it. This is a pretty big crate as I haul both the dogs (1 year old 90lb Chesapeak and 9 year old 50lb Siberian Husky). There isn't a lot of extra room in the bed but should be room for cooler's, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-img_1286.jpg   DC SB owners with dogs-img_1296.jpg   DC SB owners with dogs-img_1292.jpg  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #23
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnicker2000 View Post
Here is a picture of the crate that I haul my dog's in. Not a very good picture but you should get the idea. I use a ratchet strap to secure it. This is a pretty big crate as I haul both the dogs (1 year old 90lb Chesapeak and 9 year old 50lb Siberian Husky). There isn't a lot of extra room in the bed but should be room for cooler's, etc.
That is what I was looking for. My crate is a bit smaller i think, measures 32 x 22.5 x 24. Thanks again for sharing the picture. Beautiful dogs too.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
TacoCo those are pretty dogs... I thought they were pure white GSDs. Either way good looking.
They're both rescue dogs actually. We're pretty sure that the smaller one is pure white GSD. The big guy, Timber, likely has some wolf in there, and I've always figured either white GSD or husky... He was wild as could be when I got him, and was very difficult to train. He challenged my authority in the house every chance he got. Once he finally settled into his role in the "pack", he turned out to be an awesome dog. He's got a really large sagittal crest to his skull, which I've read is more common in wolf hybrids, and definitely carries himself like a wolf at times. He's right around 30" tall at the withers, but very lean, only weighs 97lbs. He's very vocal... howls every chance he gets. He's got an incredibly long gait, and can cover some ground though it doesn't look like he's trying too hard... He actually managed to catch and drag a mule deer down by it's neck once. All the evidence leads me to believe that he didn't fall too far from the wolf family tree. But at the same time, he's one of the friendliest, goofiest, dogs I've ever had... I really lucked out.

I've always been interested in Belgian Malinois. That video is pretty cool... Just shows how intelligent and driven they are. My friend's dad, who was a K9 cop, had one as a working dog, and he was something else. I assume they're trained in schutzhund?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Not trained in Schutzhund but the French k9 sport called French Ring. To me a bit more challenging than Schutzhund. Either way...dog sports are fun.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #26
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is what I was looking for. My crate is a bit smaller i think, measures 32 x 22.5 x 24. Thanks again for sharing the picture. Beautiful dogs too.

Glad I could help. Maybe we need to start a thread "Pictures of Your Dog". LOL
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #28
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Do those pet barrier things work in our Taco's?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #30
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post
Do those pet barrier things work in our Taco's?

They may... I had one of those things in my 4Runner, and it left an indentation in the roof.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #31
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
5 German Shorthair Pointers, usually do not all come with me at once. Usually in a kennel in the topper but sometimes up front with me.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #33
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
This is where my girl rides... shes never tried to jump out. If I put her in the cab she FREAKS out, starts panting, drooling, shaking etc. But in the bed she LOVES it. She just puts her front paws up on the tire well and rides right there, never tries to jump all the way up on the sides or anything

Old 03-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Charleston likes the back seat folded down so he can stretch out. Savannah likes the front seat and the window open.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #35

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnicker2000 View Post
Glad I could help. Maybe we need to start a thread "Pictures of Your Dog". LOL
There is a thread on the off topic section. It should be high on the list since I just posted my dog on there yesterday.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #36

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I have to keep my dog in the back. When I take her to train the field is wet and she gets dirty quick and it would be much easier to clean the bed and kennel than the cloth seats in a Tacoma.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #37
UCKYUK is on a distinguished road

UCKYUK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Vizsla is a great breed. Good luck with your puppy.
Thanks! It will be my first Vizsla. I did a ton of research and spoke with several people about the breed and they've gotten nothing but rave reviews. I can't wait!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #38
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I do another option with my DC, I actually fold the back seat down (you know, removing the head rests and relocating them into the slots in the back of the bottoms, etc - and use a moving blanket to make it a little soft.

That way they can pant and drool / scratch all they want, LOL
Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #39
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasn8dave View Post
I do another option with my DC, I actually fold the back seat down (you know, removing the head rests and relocating them into the slots in the back of the bottoms, etc - and use a moving blanket to make it a little soft.

That way they can pant and drool / scratch all they want, LOL
Me too. I don't want my puppy to have an "accident" on my seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
I have a 10 month old Great Dane. And we bought a doggie seatbelt for him. At first I thought it was a retarded idea and a waste of money, but once I put the harness on him and strapped him in, he didn't run around the back seat licking my windows. Now all he does is lie down and sleeps in the back seat.
Where did you get that doggy seat belt. I need one for my dog.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #40
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Contact dtrujillo63.

Products Discussed in this Thread