Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DC SB owners with dogs

View Poll Results: How do you transport your dogs???
Front Seat 131 13.51%
Back Seat 518 53.40%
Bed with Cap 105 10.82%
Bed without Cap 124 12.78%
Bed with Crate or Kennel 92 9.48%
Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 AM   #42
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
My dog always rides in the cab (regardless the fact shes small).
Yep Lily & Simon love the cab, couldn't see them rollin around in the bed, hey, wait a minute, did I just say that??
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #43
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
I have a 10 month old Great Dane. And we bought a doggie seatbelt for him. At first I thought it was a retarded idea and a waste of money, but once I put the harness on him and strapped him in, he didn't run around the back seat licking my windows. Now all he does is lie down and sleeps in the back seat.
HAHA dog? you mean horse? wow hes huge!! but what a great dog. Those seat belts work pretty good.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
shadow is always my copilot

my dog has the same stance, she loves the middle console box, (when i dont have my dog hammock in) but she leans on my shoulder which gets really annoying
Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #45
SD TACO
omar11omar is on a distinguished road

omar11omar's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have or heard of any type of restraint system for the bed that gives the dog enough mobility but keeps them secured withouth jumping off at red lights.
Attached Thumbnails
DC SB owners with dogs-dscn0297.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #46
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar11omar View Post
Does anyone have or heard of any type of restraint system for the bed that gives the dog enough mobility but keeps them secured withouth jumping off at red lights.
leash tied to the d-rings!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #47
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar11omar View Post
I have seen them, although not recently.

You can make your own out of some sturdy rope and a clip. Take a piece long enough to cross the truck and add a loop in the middle (with the clip on it) long enough to barely reach the sides (or as long or short as you want it). Knot the rope where the loop ends. Decide where you want to mount it - upper d rings on the rail, or d rings in the bed if you have them in the front of your bed.

Or just put one of the rail d rings in the middle and tie a leash to it.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #48
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
You can put on of the tie downs on the center rail and put a leash on it. I left a little slack so if she does jump it will catch her... and scare the mess out of her. Shes only done it once Now I can pull up in a yard full of dogs and she wont budge! I never leave her back there tho, don't want to come back to a dog that hung herself
Old 03-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #49
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Why In Gods name...
Ok so you only care about DC SB? thats like total discrimination
But I shall post here anyways!
My Shorkie rides shotgun.
Course I got a LB so I guess thats not acceptable information for someone in your position...
Old 03-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #50
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
Why In Gods name...
Ok so you only care about DC SB? thats like total discrimination
But I shall post here anyways!
My Shorkie rides shotgun.
Course I got a LB so I guess thats not acceptable information for someone in your position...

Sorry it would not let me change the name of the title.

Tri
Old 03-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #51
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Our miniature Dachshund (Oscar) freaks out in the front or back so he doesn't go anywhere
Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #52
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
yea my Dachshund (gunther) whines alot but as long as the window is down and theres some good music playing hes pretty good
Dachshunds have the pickiest taste in music!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #53
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I would let my dog stay in the truck bed but if he sees a squirrel, rabbit, deer, horse, or another dog..... hes gone.

I dont trust him when he is put in the truck bed. So he says in the back with the back window open and the 2 front. He still pokes he head between the drivers (or pass.) seat and the pillar.

I have an Access cab by the way.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #54
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
Here are some pictures of my dog. Dina the Belgian Malinois. Almost 11 months old.

At 5 months old

Beautiful Dog! I thought it was a German Sheppard but was wrong, never heard of a malinos?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #55
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a pic...But i'll try to explain it the best i can...

One D ring dead center underneath the sliding back glass...1 d ring as close to the tailgate as you can on each side...Rope, cable, chain, whatever you want...I attached a 1/8" cable to each d ring next to the tail gate...attached another cable to the d ring next to the cab and secured it to the center of the other cable...

Following me so far...Basically I made a big T in the bed of my truck with cable...I modified a leash of mine just long enough so my lab could put his paws on the fender wells but no further...(he liked to let his paws hang over the side of the bed and scratch the hell out of the paint)...This way, he can go from one side to the other underneath the cable...

At first it was a lot of work...but now the whole thing comes out in like 10 seconds and installs just as fast...I use those carabeaner things you use for rock climbing to attach them to the d rings...

Long trips, he gets the cage in the bed, but just crusin around town or going to the vet or something like that, I break out this contraption..
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #56
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayet_10 View Post
Beautiful Dog! I thought it was a German Sheppard but was wrong, never heard of a malinos?
Thanks and they are wonderful dogs. Go look up Malinois on YouTube...you will see some awesome videos of the dogs in action.

Tri
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #58
the anti mpg
tacomajason is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-4 2A551 Crew Cheif
tacomajason's Tacoma Gallery
healers love to ride in the back.

my lab rides in the back. he used to put his paws up on the bedside so when ever i caught him, i would hit the brakes hard enough to knock him down i tie him when i park somewhere. i can't keep him outta the bed he loves it!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #59
jordang1102 is on a distinguished road
jordang1102's Tacoma Gallery
I haul around my Shepherd mix and a male Akita around in the bed of my truck all the time. However, if I'm going to be on the interstate I have them in the back seat of my DCSB. I have a pretty cool harness system I rigged up for cheap that I'll posts pics of later tonight hopefully.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #60

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordang1102 View Post
I haul around my Shepherd mix and a male Akita around in the bed of my truck all the time. However, if I'm going to be on the interstate I have them in the back seat of my DCSB. I have a pretty cool harness system I rigged up for cheap that I'll posts pics of later tonight hopefully.
Cool...pictures would be good. Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread