Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DC SB owners with dogs

View Poll Results: How do you transport your dogs???
Front Seat 131 13.48%
Back Seat 519 53.40%
Bed with Cap 105 10.80%
Bed without Cap 125 12.86%
Bed with Crate or Kennel 92 9.47%
Voters: 972. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
How do you transport your dog/dogs

Hello TW,

I am curious how you all transport your dogs in your Tacomas. I keep my dog in a kennel/crate and would like to see pictures of anyone who transports the same way and with other things in the bed like coolers, tool boxes, bags, etc. All you hunters out there I know you have pictures. I currently drive a 97 BMW 328i and have a crate in the back seat. The car has 200k miles and it is time to upgrade to a Tacoma. I also transport the dog in the crate in the 07 Tundra that we have but that is the family car and I only drive it from time to time. The Tacoma will be mine and I will have my dog with me all the time. So the crate in the back will be there most of the time. I will be likely getting a DC SB and want to see with the crate back there and if I can fit other things in the bed. The Tundra we have now has an 8ft bed so fitting other stuff back there is no problem.

Pictures would be appreciated...
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
UCKYUK is on a distinguished road

UCKYUK's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting a pup this spring and plan to transport her in a kennel in the bed of my truck, under the cover of a cap (working on getting a Leer 100XR). I'm gonna do the mod mentioned in these threads - to add a few extra D-hooks to the bed, so I can strap the crate down tight to the bed, without taking up space on the bed rails. I intend to hunt with my new dog, so for a crate, I will be getting an insulated aluminum dog box - it will keep the pooch cooler in the heat, warm in the winter and will be a safe way to transport her, while giving her own space.

Hmmm.... now that I think about it, maybe I'll keep the dog in the cab and use the dog box in the bed for the girlfriend.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. I think the D-hooks are a must to secure the kennel. I would love to get an aluminum dog box. I do have an insulated cover on my Vari-Kennel now so it keep her temps good. I am in CA so weather is not too extreme here. If so I will hook up fans or draw AC from the cabin. Dog in the cab and GF in the box might not be a bad idea for long trips...as least you won't hear any whining.

So what kind of dog? I am assuming a Lab for hunting. As for me I have a Malinois. about 10 1/2 months right now.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I have one dog now and getting a second in a few weeks and right now the one just bounces around in the back seat of my access cab. The other dog is a german shep so i think i will put a crate in the bed alittle later on when the dog gets bigger
Old 03-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Both dogs in the back of my access cab. Seat folded down and they both have plenty of room. They both have harnesses hooked up to the seat belts to keep them from becoming projectiles in the event of a wreck. Also to keep them from escaping in the event of a wreck or if they are scared - of thunderstorms or fire works.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i transport my dog in the back with the seats down, i also have a rubber mat for traction for his paws so he doesnt slide around. with the seats down there is plenty of room.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Back seats folded down with a blanket over them. Shes tethered to the child seat hooks.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
UCKYUK is on a distinguished road

UCKYUK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
Cool. I think the D-hooks are a must to secure the kennel. I would love to get an aluminum dog box. I do have an insulated cover on my Vari-Kennel now so it keep her temps good. I am in CA so weather is not too extreme here. If so I will hook up fans or draw AC from the cabin. Dog in the cab and GF in the box might not be a bad idea for long trips...as least you won't hear any whining.

So what kind of dog? I am assuming a Lab for hunting. As for me I have a Malinois. about 10 1/2 months right now.

Yeah, the summers in Maine are fairly mild, so keeping her cool will be easy. Actually, the spring in winters are fine too, it's just in the dead of winter- making sure it stays warm back there, but I don't take long trips in the winter usually, and with the insulated box and blankets, she should be fine.

Oh, and it's Vizsla that I'm getting...the bitch is pregnant now (the dog...the dog, haha). Labs are great though, have had a few and you can't go wrong with one.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 yorkies,do they count as dogs??? they ride shotgun.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #10

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCKYUK View Post
Oh, and it's Vizsla that I'm getting...the bitch is pregnant now (the dog...the dog, haha). Labs are great though, have had a few and you can't go wrong with one.
Vizsla is a great breed. Good luck with your puppy.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
I just put my dog in the back seat. I got a cover for it so he cant fall between the seats. Works great.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a cap. I love my dogs and all, but after what they did to the interior of my 4Runner, they're not setting foot in my cab. I've got 2 big white dogs that shed like mad, and I don't want to deal with all the fur in my cab, it's a bitch to clean, and sucks when you roll the windows down and fur starts flying everywhere...

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
Here are some pictures of my dog. Dina the Belgian Malinois. Almost 11 months old.

That's a great lookin' Malinois. I almost got one but wound up with a big goofy white gsd/wolf/husky mix
Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
That's a great lookin' Malinois. I almost got one but wound up with a big goofy white gsd/wolf/husky mix
Thats a very interesting mix.....
Old 03-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #17
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays

This is not my picture, dog, and its definitely not pink! But i ordered one of these (tan) and it works great. keeps the dog in teh back (she occasionally tried to crawl up to the front). Its think, durable, and washable.

here is a link to google shopping of them http://www.google.com/products?q=ppe+pet+hammock
Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #18

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
TacoCo those are pretty dogs... I thought they were pure white GSDs. Either way good looking.

She was imported from France. I will be breeding her if she can do well in French Ring. We have other dogs to and will likely have a breeding coming up when she goes into heat. We currently have 3 males and 4 females in the group. The males are exceptional Ring dogs.

Click to see a video of French Ring. A couple of the males in competition.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #20
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
My dog always rides in the cab (regardless the fact shes small).

Products Discussed in this Thread