1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a TruFlow replacement filter for XDI Cold Air Intake System

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by parfleet, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sep 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    parfleet

parfleet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rex
    Pensacola, FL.
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner, SR5 Package, 4.0 Engin
    Front Bush Guard with 100 Watt Driving Lights, Color Match Tonel Cover. Cold Air Intake By True Flow,added an additional 26 HP.
    Some years ago, I purchased an XDI (Extreme Duty Intake) cold air intake system for my 05 Tacoma PreRunner with the 4.0 Engine. The kit came with a lifetime warranty and the filter is a simple clean and reoil every 30,000 miles. The filter is a cone shape filter that obviously is of a wiremesh design with a inner foam lining inside the cone. The foam lining is breaking down on my filter but I can still use it for awhile as I just did a clean and reoil service on it. Does anyone out that have the an extra TruFlow 93201 filter you will be willing to sell to me? Does anyone out there know the consquences if I just removed the inner foam liner the next time I service the filter? XDI made a hella of a system but as we all know the cold air intake systems and various designs are so competitive now. XDI folded a long time ago. The TruFlow 93201 is the same filter for the XDI system whether it is on a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc.

2. Sep 23, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Personally I would not remove parts of the filter. Either find a tru-flow replacement, which is close to impossible, or do some measuring and find a replacement that has a similar size.

Tru-Flow was an oiled foam filter, so it you want to maintain the same filter media, you'll need to look for this. Note though that oiled foam is tough to find in an auto filter anymore. Desert runners know the value of oiled foam, but not many others.

Products Discussed in

To Top