1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just a guy wanting a Taco. =\

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoBoi, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Sep 14, 2007 at 3:04 PM
    TacoBoi

TacoBoi [OP] Member

Member:
    How goes it fellas? And girls lol

I currently own a IS300 '02 and pay way too much for it. Have had it since last November. Its slower then my previous GTI that was modified but I wanted reliability. I screwed up and regretted getting the Lex. Welp, about two-three months ago I solved my "speed" desire by getting a motorcycle. A lil Starter crotch rocket. Now I have begun feeling the tremendous desire again for a Tacoma. I have liked them for a number of years but Trucks always seemed unneeded or too expensive. Well, I now have a reason to own a truck =D Hooray for having a bike lol.

My basic question I suppose is this:

The dealership where I got my Lex had a salesman come to me while I was getting my oil changed and started talking to me while I was checking out a Tacoma... '07 Blue with the TRD Sport package. Its 29K... Give or take a few hundred dollars haha. I love it. Its automatic which I am okay with: a) its a truck b) I have the bike thats got the manual tranny.

Is there anything I should look at while checking the truck out? I am supposed to go back to the dealer here in about an hour and talk to the salesman who really badly (obviously) wants to try and get me into the truck. I already told him I pay 620 a month for the Lex and would love to see a payment per month of less then 500 dollars. If I could get that and have that truck instead of the Lex I would be ECSTATIC.

So... long story short... What should I look at if anything on this truck? Do you think I could get it for cheaper? The Lex I prolly could have gotten a better deal on if I would have been smarter and/or checked forums and found out other peoples thoughts.... so... Have at it.

=D

(I really really want a Taco lol)

2. Sep 14, 2007 at 3:08 PM
    TacoBoi

TacoBoi [OP] Member

Member:
    Forgot to mention... My only real plans for the truck are tint, bigger wheels, different rims, exhaust and intake. Otherwise everything else will go really for looks and/or the bike.

Also the Taco is a V6 SR5.

3. Sep 14, 2007 at 5:53 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    The '08 models are already shipping so I would think you should be able to get a good deal on it..

4. Sep 15, 2007 at 5:09 AM
    wrxed96

wrxed96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thats pretty funny. I have an 06 sport and an 06 gixxer 750. My last car was an 02 is300 which my wife drives now. we traded in her gti to get my truck. its funny how the bikes make you not care about how fast your car is. when I got my first bike a few years ago i went and bought my first truck. they will try to hurt you on your is300 trade, but when I got my truck in november of 05 i paid 25300 after tax and everything. its a dc trd sport with tow. I already got the tint and the factory 20's, just searching for the exhaust and intake now. When I get a new car I will let you know, it might be like seeing into the future.:)

5. Sep 15, 2007 at 7:53 AM
    TacoBoi

TacoBoi [OP] Member

Member:
    lmao.

Thats.... kinda freaky lol

6. Sep 17, 2007 at 8:53 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Is it a 4x4? that price sounds high if it is just a 4x2. you can look in my sig to see what i have and i paid 26.5k for it including tax tags and title. you can definately do better than 29. good luck

7. Sep 18, 2007 at 5:00 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    I would get an X if I were in your shoes... then S/C it =) See if they can add the S/C to your monthly.

8. Sep 20, 2007 at 1:25 PM
    TacoBoi

TacoBoi [OP] Member

Member:
    Welp.. I lose.

The guys at the dealership were insistent as hell but theres just no way I could get the financing.. So I am stickin with the Lex.

Sucks.. but hey.. its not like the Lex is a POS..... yet haha.

9. Sep 20, 2007 at 1:35 PM
    keynote22

keynote22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    turbo charge the lexus and enjoy. They can be good little sleepers with some mods.

Products Discussed in

To Top