1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Spacers Questions and pics?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mainewoodsballer, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Sep 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    mainewoodsballer

mainewoodsballer [OP] YESSAHBUD...heyut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB TRD Sport (Pyrite Mica)
    Check out my Build to See!
    I have the Toytec 2 in lift installed on my truck. Bilsteins front and rear with Eibach Coils and the ALL. I would like to get a little wider stance and was thinking of getting some wheel spacers. I know there are a few threads out there already, but I guess I just have a few questions and concerns.

-What size? Im looking to get my tires just outside the fenders (I think) Just a little wider than they are now. No so much that it throws rocks up the side of my truck haha. I know a lot of guys run the 1.25 spacers.

-Will there be any performance issues as far as driving/handling? I know people say wheel bearing wear out faster. Im more concerned about handling. Do you think the Dealer will still rotate and balance my tires if I have these?

-Can you just install them and start driving or is there any type of adjustments that you may need to do?

If you have spacers how do you like them and can you post pics? I would like to see what they would look like with a 2inch lift.

Thanks for the help everybody! Any info is appreciated.

My truck with the lift:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. Sep 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    mainewoodsballer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    Easy to install? Are they pretty much just Install and play? Of course you would prob. want to check them now and again.

3. Sep 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    reece13

reece13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    I run 1.25 spidertrax. work great, no issues so far. Definitely use locktite on installation. After you install them, re-check after like the first 100 miles. I check mine roughly every oil change (5k). If u off-road a lot, i'd check them more often

4. Sep 26, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    mainewoodsballer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    what size tires are you running in that pic?

5. Sep 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    TacomaSportLB

TacomaSportLB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dad
    Chambersburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB MGM 4x4
    YWM, Front 5100's @ 2.5", Rear 5100's, 1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, Safety Rack, Fog Light Anytime, DRL Switch, Differential Breather Mod, UWS TBSD63ALPB ToolBox, AMP Research BedStep, Bedrug Tailgate Mat, aFe Air Filter, Dee Zee Heavyweight Bed Mat, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Auto Ventshade In-Channel Ventvisors, Stant Locking Fuel Cap, Plasti Dipped Badges
    why would you want to retorque if you already loctited and torqued down the 1st time? Are you loctiting when you retorqued? those nuts ain't budging after they been loctited and torqued down the 1st time, right?

6. Sep 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    TacomaSportLB

TacomaSportLB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dad
    Chambersburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB MGM 4x4
    YWM, Front 5100's @ 2.5", Rear 5100's, 1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, Safety Rack, Fog Light Anytime, DRL Switch, Differential Breather Mod, UWS TBSD63ALPB ToolBox, AMP Research BedStep, Bedrug Tailgate Mat, aFe Air Filter, Dee Zee Heavyweight Bed Mat, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Auto Ventshade In-Channel Ventvisors, Stant Locking Fuel Cap, Plasti Dipped Badges

Ever find them loose? Not Torqued to specification?

7. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    reece13

reece13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    No. I think after initial install and 100 miles, i may have had 1 or 2 barely loose lugs. Ever since then they've been tight every time i checked. I drive 30 miles a day to/from work but dont offroad hard much anymore. Im lifted 3" via coilovers & rear aal + tsb with 285/70/17s if that helps your decision making at all.AOL

Products Discussed in

To Top