1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Payload ratings, Uk Ford Ranger and other musings

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DaMann, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Sep 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    DaMann

DaMann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Sport TRD DCLB
    I was curious about payload ratings for the Ford Ranger and happened across the UK version of the Ford Ranger, wow what a truck! Looks fantastic compared to what was sold here. Wondering if Ford has plans to bring back the Ranger and if it will be essentially that.

In my research for a camper for my new Tacoma I have been researching payload ratings and discovered that the UK Ford Ranger has a whopping 2640 lb payload rating! and that's for a double cab 4x4. Single cab is almost 3000lbs. So I checked out the Toyota Hilux and it too is essentially the same. This is 3/4 tonne territory here in N. America. Are the trucks build that much better over there or are they over cautious over here with their ratings due to litigation? My Taco DCLB 4x4 has a payload rating of 1050 lbs. That is pretty sad really. That is only 50 lbs more than a Toyota Camry payload rating!! So by the letter of the law, with 4 grown adults in the truck and a full tank of gas I can't legally put anything in my truck bed! What gives? I love my new Taco and I knew it had limits on payload, but only 50 lbs more than a Camry? WTF?

Products Discussed in

To Top