Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 Auto Dimming Mirror

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #101
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAMA TACO View Post
Also my plug in overhead console had 3 wire red green and wht/blk
This is good news! It likely means that there is a constant hot, a switched hot and a ground, exactly what we need to add the Limited mirror. We still won't have the temp but the Limited mirror should be plug and play.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #102
Trapperjay is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
Trapperjay's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if this was posted! Quick Reference! If you have Entune Premium then you should have auto dimming rear view mirror. TRD sport had a couple of different Extra Value Packages with options and yes all Limited should have it.

Jay
Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #103
baurat88 is on a distinguished road
baurat88's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jay,
I have the TRD sport with premium JBL entune. No auto dimming mirror though. Still looking to see if anyone has put in one from a tundra or limited and were able to get the temp/compass working.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #104
Trapperjay is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
Trapperjay's Tacoma Gallery
baurat88 2014? I have the info from build a custom Toyota Tacoma. I printed the paper work on 9/22/13 and I believe that was the first week that I could build a Tacoma. It was listed under TRD Sport Extra Value Package with options $6,035

Jay
Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #105
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperjay View Post
baurat88 2014? I have the info from build a custom Toyota Tacoma. I printed the paper work on 9/22/13 and I believe that was the first week that I could build a Tacoma. It was listed under TRD Sport Extra Value Package with options $6,035

Jay
Do you actually have the truck yet though? Although it's listed in paperwork as an option they aren't actually showing up from the factory that way.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #106
baurat88 is on a distinguished road
baurat88's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jay,
I do have that package $6035. The only package its standard on is the LT limited double cab $7660. i'll snap a picture and post it. I think some other people have the same issue as well. Kinda of disappointing. No where on my window sticker does the PY Sport pacakge mention auto dimming mirror. That was only on the 2013 and earlier models i guess?

Also just confirmed with the dealer. no more auto dimming on the 4wd trd sports. Only on the Limited package and can also get it on the 2wd option.
Makes no sense, but its just a cost cutting measure. go figure.

BTW..where exactly is the temp sensor located in the grille? Anyone have a pic?
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #107
JAFO is on a distinguished road
JAFO's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my 2014 that I ordered. The mirror option changes if you order the Nav. My truck has a simple mirror now with no features.

I do not understand the need for an auto dimming mirror? With privacy glass in the rear a dimming mirror has no real value IMHO. My 2003 did not have it either.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #108
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baurat88 View Post
BTW..where exactly is the temp sensor located in the grille? Anyone have a pic?
I don't have a picture but, if what I have read is correct, it is on the center vertical support almost directly in the center. I looked on my truck and it is there. If that is indeed the temp sensor, I have one...
Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #109
BOB710PA is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
BOB710PA's Tacoma Gallery
2014 auto dimming mirror

had my 2014 tacoma trd sport for two weeks after calling toyota and talking to the customer relations person at my Dealership there factory rep told them to install the mirror but it won't have the temp in the mirror just auto dim, having it installed on sat. so you guys that want the mirror have your dealership bug there factory rep.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #110
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB710PA View Post
had my 2014 tacoma trd sport for two weeks after calling toyota and talking to the customer relations person at my Dealership there factory rep told them to install the mirror but it won't have the temp in the mirror just auto dim, having it installed on sat. so you guys that want the mirror have your dealership bug there factory rep.
Do you happen to know the part number they are offering to install for you?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #111
Domreis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Domreis's Tacoma Gallery
Just and update. I just bought this mirror off of ebay, and it should be here by the weekend. I will post pics when I get it installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181251291467...T0%26ga4m%3DT2
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #112
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone found an option for Homelink plus the backup camera screen in a mirror? If so, can you post a link? I don't need the compass and temp gauge, as that's already in the overhead console. I basically just want to add oem looking Homelink to my truck. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #113
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fau8823 View Post
Has anyone found an option for Homelink plus the backup camera screen in a mirror? If so, can you post a link? I don't need the compass and temp gauge, as that's already in the overhead console. I basically just want to add oem looking Homelink to my truck. Thanks.
Here's one but looks like if you want homelink & camera display you'll have to take some extras like compass with it. Haven't seen one that is just homelink/camera and nothing else.............pricey too, but less than dealer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gentex-Homel...9d7175&vxp=mtr
Old 11-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #114
BOB710PA is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
BOB710PA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
Do you happen to know the part number they are offering to install for you?
not sure of the part# but I will try and find out on sat.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #115
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Here's one but looks like if you want homelink & camera display you'll have to take some extras like compass with it. Haven't seen one that is just homelink/camera and nothing else.............pricey too, but less than dealer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gentex-Homel...9d7175&vxp=mtr
Thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #116
bboulmay is on a distinguished road
bboulmay's Tacoma Gallery
According to the 2014 Tacoma catalog - the auto-dimming mirror with home link is not available on any model except the Prerunner/4x4 (as part of a select package)

I just picked up my 2014 TRD off road 4x4 and he does not have it! They moved it to the limited package only (and you can not get TRD off road and limited together...

I am going to check today to see if it can be added!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #117
billinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillinwoodland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billinwoodland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I just received my 2014 that I ordered. The mirror option changes if you order the Nav. My truck has a simple mirror now with no features.

I do not understand the need for an auto dimming mirror? With privacy glass in the rear a dimming mirror has no real value IMHO. My 2003 did not have it either.
Jafo,
So if you have nav, how does the mirror option change? I am waiting for my sr5 4x4 with nav to arrive. I don't care about the dim function, but definitely want home link and temp. If my truck does not have temp/homelink, I wonder if it will have the temp sensor already installed. Anyone know?
Thanks
Bill
Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #118
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I have been spoiled with Homelink. If I gave to buy a limited to get it on my nxxg truck it will be bye bye Tacoma.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #119
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
From my understanding the reason the mirror changes is because the Nav now has the backup camera instead of the mirror.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #120
doabbs is on a distinguished road
doabbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billinwoodland View Post
Jafo,
So if you have nav, how does the mirror option change? I am waiting for my sr5 4x4 with nav to arrive. I don't care about the dim function, but definitely want home link and temp. If my truck does not have temp/homelink, I wonder if it will have the temp sensor already installed. Anyone know?
Thanks
Bill
The temperature module is present in the grill however it does not appear to be wired to the overhead console anymore. The assumption is it is used simply for the A/C. Right now it sounds like the best you can do would be a Gentex mirror w/ auto dimming, compass and homelink but we need a part number and a Guinea pig. The Entune stereos do pull weather data but only when in HD radio coverage and it doesn't appear to be from the sensor.

Products Discussed in this Thread